Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Nicolas looked towards Charlie, taking in his appearance. He cleared his throat before speaking, "We saw you passing through the area, and decided to see who you all were. We also saw smoke nearby, it's very uncommon; did you come from there?" He asked, making small talk. The amount of humans here, it'd be foolish to bring about the group he led, he might a bit later though, depending on how the tide of conversation went.

Selene watched Nicolas, trying to hide behind Travis even more with every word he spoke. When Travis asked his question, she choked out, "My f-father," even quieter than Travis had spoken. The moment that Nicolas looked at her from the corner of his eye, she recoiled and squeezed his hand even harder until her knuckles were white. He looked away back to Charlie, only causing her to slightly relax.

Dylan looked over at Kendra silently before looking over to the man she had locked into. What was important about him? He sighed and looked back at her. "What?" Acacia looked at the pair of them and looked over as well. She stared, wondering if it was true. But Kendra wouldn't be acting like this if it wasn't. She leaned over to Dylan and whispered,

"It's her brother, Daniel."

"Daniel?"

---

[lol they get big posts and these two get fail posts.]

Darius grinned at his mistake. "It's the same for me."
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 pm

"Yes. In case you didn't notice, Soul Searcher," Charlie spat the name ungraciously, "Your legion has destroyed whatever home we had." He didn't hide his hostility, sending hateful glances to them all. He saw Callum and recognized him, but said nothing. He didn't recognize these other two. At all, frankly. He looked at the staff in his hand and up at him. "You're here out of curiosity, but now we can't let you leave." He mumbled, doubting they could hear him.

Kendra managed to pull herself behind Dylan rather than pulling him in front of her, clutching his shirt like a stress reducer. She could still feel Daniel's patronizing gaze, as if staring through Dylan. He can't be alive! She thought desperately. Daniel began to sneer at her reaction and looked back at Charlie.

Travis winced from the tightness of her grip but just squeezed back, trying to calm her down. He remembered what she had told him about her father, and anger coursed through him like fire in his veins. He controlled his temper—for now—only sending a steel glare in Nicolas' direction, daring him to step toward them.

---

[Well I almost forgot them so.]

ZERLINA ALMOST BECAME ZEWRLINA NOW. She looked around as they walked, looking serene.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 pm

He eyed the staff but looked back to Charlie, pressing his lips into a line. "Why is that?" he asked. [/YAYFAIL]

Dylan looked back at Kendra and back to Daniel, making a face. 'Okay, so he's bad. Got it.' He looked back at Acacia, but she remained as she was, watching Daniel intently. It was as if she thought that her gaze could just keep him there.

'What are the chances that he'd be here?'

---

[... lolol]

Darius watched her with a light smile.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Charlie frowned. "Are you planning on staying?" He asked coldly.

Daniel looked over and met Acacia's gaze. He sent a grin at her just full of intrigue, none of the hatred he had sent in Kendra's direction. He waved casually at her, as if it were like the times when he had talked to her in Kendra's presence years before.

---

Zerlina met his gaze and smiled back.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 am

"Does it look like I'm moving? Yes, we're going too." Nicolas said, watching for his reaction.

Acacia glared back at him [she's capable of it] and didn't bother to move, looking back only at Kendra to see how she was faring.

lolSelenewasforgotten.

She bit her lip at the announcement that they'd be staaying and moved closer to Travis. She kept asking herself why, why had he even come here?

---

Darius looked around again and sighed quietly.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:00 am

"Then you have to be tested." Charlie sighed, looking uneasy. Suddenly someone raced beside him and whispered into his ear animatedly. Charlie frowned. "Apparently we've had a misunderstanding." He said. "It seems... there are no Soul Searchers outside." He said coolly, taking a step toward him and holding the staff up. "Stay where you are."

Daniel looked away from Kendra and Acacia to look at Charlie and Nicolas, suddenly angered for a different reason. Kendra seemed to feel when his gaze was away from her and drew in a deep breath, daring to peer around Dylan's shoulder toward them all.

Travis didn't react, still glaring toward Nicolas with pure hatred.

---

"Entertainment central." Zerlina said quietly, teasing lightly.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:02 am

"Fine then, go ahead." Nicolas said, glancing back at Daniel before looking back at Charlie.

Acacia smirked slightly and looked over at Kendra. 'I bet Daniel's going to fail the test.'

---

Darius laughed quietly. "As exciting as the Vegas strip."
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:08 am

Charlie suddenly lunged forward, growing accustomed to the action, and jabbed the staff hard into Nicolas' abdomen.

---

Zerlina looked up at the sky absent-mindedly.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:28 am

Nicolas had expected the force from it, but he hadn't expected the result. Pain coursed through every fiber of his being, tensing his muscles exponentially. He actually made a cry in pain and fell to his knees, the pain flaring through him. It felt like a fire that could not be extinguished. It slowly ebbed though. It seemed like it had taken a lifetime, but it was gone within a moment. Panting, heaving, he stood with shaking legs, glaring darkly at Charlie.

Selene looked up when her father yelled, not having noticed that he had taken the test. Her heart jumped as she watched him fall, staring at the spot. 'He'll die! Just like that man did!' She looked up at Travis, desperately searching for confirmation for her thoughts.

---

Darius watched her, frowning with curiosity. "What is it, Zerlina?"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:45 am

Travis was watching Charlie's expression with a grin face. He slowly said, "You aren't going to kill him."

Charlie hesitated before shaking his head. "We can trade them all for Leliana and the others." He turned to Daniel and held the staff out. He looked dettered, continuing to glance at Nicolas, but didn't move.

Charlie dashed forward and jabbed him as well. Daniel let out a yell of surprise and agony as he doubled over, staring at the ground as if to repel himself away from it. He finally slid forward as the pain almost began to ebb, but rebounded as he hit the ground. After a second or two, it faded.

Kendra had begun to look hopefuly, but after Charlie's words, she just looked morose as she stared at Daniel's still, panting form. She took a deep breath, standing close to Acacia with her eyes half closed.

---

"Just thinking."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:01 am

Selene felt the color fade from her cheeks as she gripped part of Travis' jacket now, biting her lower lip out of worry. 'No, no, no.' Why was it happening? Why were they going to do that? No one would care about them, did he not see that? "Travis," she muttered in a suddenly hoarse tone.

Nicolas sneered at Charlie but didn't move, glancing back to Callum.

Acacia frowned and took her hand, looking back at Daniel. "It'll be okay," she whispered reassuringly.

---

"Of what?"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:05 am

"I know." Travis growled in response, hugging her to him almost possessively, sending a meaningful glare in Nicolas' direction if he were to look their way.

Charlie stepped forward toward Callum, holding the staff significantly.

Kendra bit her lip, not seeming to notice her. Why now, Duncan?! Why now of all times!?

---

"Old times."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:23 am

Selene shook slightly in his grasp, but she was grateful nonetheless. She ducked her head down out of view from Nicolas, but she felt his gaze fall on the two of them. She cringed and gripped him tightly. 'No, no, no, not now.'

---

Darius nodded silently, saying nothing now.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Travis spat on the ground toward him in response, and pat his pocket where the clank of his knives could be heard when Nicolas looked at them. "Shh." He mumbled to Selene quietly.

---

Zerlina looked at him closely, thinking.
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:09 am

Callum, still holding the delicate egg in one hand and his wickedly glinting knife in the other, simply lifted his lip. "So you managed to survive." His eyes flicked from the staff to Charlie.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:21 am

"Oh, you." Charlie said after a moment, ungraciously. "Yeah, I lived. Don't act so surprised." He said sarcastically. "I would suggest you put the weapons away or we'll have no choice but to kill you." He said, as if put off by the fact.
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:50 am

"And I'm sure you'd be loathe to do such a thing." Callum replied conversationally, if not a bit morosely, as he did as he was told and put away his weapons.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:48 am

Charlie grunted in response and lunged forward, once again jabbing the blunt staff into Callum's abdomen and withdrawing swiftly.
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Callum knew what was coming, and he attempted to brace himself for it; but that did little help. With a low groan, his knees folded and he fell to the ground as the his strength was robbed by waves of sharp pain. He pulled himself up as the agony subsided, a hand pressed to his abdomen.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:31 am

"Tie them all up." Charlie said instantly, scowling. He himself went forward to Callum and shoved him back down to the ground, holding the staff threateningly. He looked up as someone tossed some rope and quickly bound them over Callums' wrists extensively tightly.

Daniel scowled morosely as his wrists were bound, glaring at the staff Charlie had. He glanced over to the group once again after a moment, and Kendra suddenly found a wall intensely interesting. He smirked.

"Why take them?" Travis asked with a scowl. "If they escape, or when we give them back, they'll know exactly where the new base is."

Charlie smiled wryly. "We'll negotiate the terms. If it doesn't work we'll resort to fighting again and hope for luck, but when we do try to go trade, there's only going to be a small number of us. We'll kill them and get the others back before anything can be done. That's my plan for now, at least. I still have to think about it more. There's still a lot of holes."
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Callum curled his lip in a sneer of derision and he snapped at Charlie's hand as he was shoved back down. He bit down on his lip to keep his barrage of expletives to himself. Callum knew better than to bother resisting further.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:07 am

[ngtjerbtr erased my pooost]

Nicolas sneered at Travis but put up no resistance to his wrists being bound behind his back. Selene mumbled something under her breath and shut her eyes tightly. [i]'He doesn't understand.'

Acacia touched her arm soothingly and looked over at Charlie. "Can they be moved out of here?"

---

Darius looked back at her and smiled weakly. "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:21 am

Travis sighed deeply. "He can't get you."

"We're going to be moving again in a minute as it is. Not wise to stay here." Charlie said, yanking Callum back up by his wrists. He almost hadn't noticed Callum attempt to snap at him. "We'll keep them to the front of the group." He reassured her.

---

Zerlina smirked and intwined her arm through his casually.

Last edited by Mrs. Holopainen on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol Zerlina turned into a guy)
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:49 am

Selene mumbled again and shook her head, saying nothing.

Acacia nodded slightly but didn't look too sure.

---

Darius smiled slightly and kept walking.

[Last one of tonight. :c]
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:41 am

Travis hugged her and kissed her. He watched as Charlie began to walk toward the door and began to step back to camouflage the both of them in another group of humans, submerging them so it would be hard to see them. He looked down at Selene with a frown, but forced himself not to say anything. He wondered how he'd feel if he found out his stepfather was alive and decided he didn't want to imagine it.

"Let's go!" Charlie called, turning and leading the way out cautiously. The two holding Nicolas and Daniel followed closely behind. Kendra remained frozen stiff, wanting to be in the complete back of the group. She clutched at Acacia's arm now, all the color having drained out of her face.

---

Zerlina smiled, closing her eyes as they walked. It almost felt... normal. She felt like it was before 2012 again. Darius could have been just some other guy. Yet, she would feel a pang in her scars every once in a while, sending her wheeling back to reality though she kept it well disguised.

For that, she hated him. But there was some sort of... compassion... that made her want to forgive him. She never could—but that was no reason to simply hate him. It wouldn't bring results. It'd be sinking lower than him. But she couldn't have feelings for him, because then no one would win.

She would win.

With a sudden pang of emotional pain, she thought to what she had said before. They'll all die with time. She was conscious of stiffening slightly, but forced herself to relax quickly. She bit her lip and sighed. She didn't open her eyes, not wanting to ruin the mood, but she couldn't fight off the depression engulfing her. She thought ruefully, I sounded like one of them. A Soul Searcher.

---

Julia was with Gavrie once again, cuddling with him and nuzzling her face into his neck affectionately. However, something seemed to be troubling her. She looked up at him after a moment and realized what her simple problem was. She was thirsty.

"I'm going to get some wine." She murmured to him and kissed him slowly. She pulled back, not waiting for his statement, and walked out of the room quickly. She travelled down the hall, passing a morose looking man as he stepped into the room she had just left, spotting Gavrie.

"Still you?" He asked resentfully after a moment of consideration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next