Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:44 am

Travis grinned. "Just try and see what happens." He decided. He smirked and looked around, focusing on one stalactite. It flew back into the ground, but still left a small crater. He frowned, concentrating and making the crater itself rise and fill up the hole. "See?"

---

Kendra sighed and put a hand on his cheek without looking at him, looking down at the floor.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:53 am

Selene smiled as she watched him, even giving him a little clap when he was done. "Very nice."

---

Duncan frowned and puled her closer, despite his mind screaming at him not too. He rested his head on her's quietly while saying nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:02 am

Travis grinned. "Yay." He turned and focused on about five clustered together and did the same to them, but by the time he was done he had a bead of sweat at his temple.

---

Kendra relaxed against him, trying to find out what could possibly be wrong with him. What could they have done to him there? A disturbing thought hit her. What if it wasn't something there? Was it something I did? She bit her lip, looking at him from the corner of her eye. Or... She thought of Selene. The previous day when they'd all been in the cafeteria, Selene and Duncan had exchanged rather significant glances... what if that was it? He had been gone a few times, what if it had been to see her? Jealousy filled the pit of her stomach like a ball of flame, and she closed her eyes. And now it's like he doesn't want to touch me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:14 am

Selene noticed, but didn't say anything. She clapped again. "Impressive that time."

---

Duncan looked down at her and frowned slightly. "Kendra?"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:18 am

Travis nodded, looking at a few more and beginning to work on at least ten. They moved more sluggishly, and he set his jaw as he focused on them. More beads of sweat appeared, and a vein began to show as they lowered into the ground. He had to stop, taking a deep breath and shutting his eyes for a moment. He looked up again and within a few seconds, made the craters fill.

---

Kendra blinked and looked up at him. "Hm?" She managed after a moment. Please don't let that be true...
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:27 am

Selene looked concerned and stood up, going over to him. "Take a break for a bit. I don't want you in the hospital too."

---

"I love you more then you could ever imagine," he said sincerely. He kissed her gently, just barely letting their lips touch. He rested his forehead against her own, looking into her eyes. His skin had become cool once again, more so then it had earlier.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:35 am

"I won't." Travis said stubbornly, looking up at her. "There's only about... forty left. I can do it." He told her.

---

Kendra kissed him back just as gently and returned her gaze into his eyes speechlessly, a small smile touching her lips. But how could he be with her again when he acts like this? It's like he can read my mind, though. I feel like that should make it worse, but it doesn't. She thought to herself, unsure of what to think.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:46 am

Selene sighed and shook her head. "And then be knocked out afterward."

---

Duncan smiled a little as well, lovingly. 'If only she could understand...'
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:57 am

"So? It'd only be for a little bit." Travis said, starting on another column. He began to pant slightly as he worked on it, not getting much done until he slumped against the table, his eyes drooping. "Oh... hell..." He mumbled as he panted, his head pounding. "Christ. Maybe not." He mumbled in agitation.

---

Kendra closed her eyes after a moment, trying not to appear desolate. But he's had a while to learn to act convincing... She thought, her mind going back to when the Absolute had tried to make him kill her. Would he do that...? What other reason would he act like this...
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:03 am

Selene sighed and went over to him. She picked up a napkin off of the table and dampened it by seemingly just staring at it. She pressed it to his forehead. "Is there anything else I can do?"

---

Duncan frowned the moment her eyes closed and pulled back from her. "I'm sorry for being like this."
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:09 am

Travis took the towel and shook his head. "No. This helps. Thank you." He said to her and resumed where he left off, still holding up the napkin. He eventually finished with them and stopped for a while longer, still holding the napkin. He held it out for Selene. "Can you make it colder?" He asked her hopefully.

---

Great, so now he's going to tell me. Guess I'll beat him to the punch. Kendra thought almost hopelessly, glancing up at him with almost what seemed like a bit of resentment. "All you had to do was tell me." She mumbled in an assuming tone.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:14 am

Selene took it and nodded, closing her eyes this time. The napkin visibly dampened again and she held it out. "It's ice cold now."

---

Duncan stared at her and shook his head. "Wait, tell you what?"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 am

Travis pressed it to his forehead again, nodding in thanks. He returned to yet another column, working on it and trying to make it go faster.

---

"I saw how you looked at Selene yesterday." Kendra mumbled, trying to keep the hurt out of her voice. "I've just seen how you look at her." She said coldly, looking away from him and wrapping her arms around her knees. "Does the man she's always with know?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:44 am

Selene sighed as she watched him, frowning a little. 'He's pushing too hard.'

---

Duncan stared at her once again, looking appalled that she was saying any of that. "Kendra..." He also looked away. "How could you even think that?" He had to choke out. "I haven't been seeing her," he muttered. "I love you, Kendra, and even if she tried anything, she wouldn't pull me away from you." He said softly. 'Especially not with this...'
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:50 am

Travis eventually made it through two more rows before he had to stop, holding the napkin to his head and over his eyes with both hands. He actually squeezed some into his mouth and glared at the remaining row. He took slow, measured breaths as he pinched the bridge of his nose to try and clear his head.

---

Kendra scowled at him. "Then why do you look at her the way you do? Why are you afraid to tell me what's wrong with you?" She asked, her voice breaking at the end. She took a measured breath and buried her face into her knees. She wasn't crying, but the utter confusion was driving her near it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:05 am

Selene shook her head disbelievingly. 'He'll probably die of pigheadedness before he dies of natural causes.'

---

Duncan frowned and shook his head. "I do still love her, but you are mine, and I am yours." Duncan took a deep breath. "I'm worried about Fortune coming back, I've told you before. I just don't want anything to happen again."
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:16 am

Travis turned his gaze on the final row and stared intently, shutting his eyes and listening instead of watching as they repaired themselves. When the job was finally finished he slumped out on the table, panting. "S-See?" He asked in between pants. "No—unconsciousness." He panted weakly, grinning at her arrogantly.

---

Kendra didn't look back up at him, just listening to him. After several minutes she moved over to him and into his arms. "Then why don't you want to touch me?" She asked him quietly, taking one of his arms and putting it around herself. "I just don't understand." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 am

Selene sat next to him and took another napkin, dampening it and handing it to him. "Not yet, Hercules," she said, hoping to make him smile.

---

Duncan looked down at her with soft eyes and put his other arm around her in a hug. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. 'Because I can see him doing everything I do. I can see him going... farther than I do. And it sickens me beyond belief.'
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:36 am

Travis smirked faintly and simply threw it on the table before laying his head on it in a shockingly casual motion.

---

"That's not an answer." Kendra mumbled, hiding her face in his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:50 am

Selene stared at him and shook her head.

---

"Then I don't know why either," he lied.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:55 am

"I see you shaking your head." Travis said, his voice sounding slurred.

---

Kendra didn't reply to him, closing her eyes tightly. "I wish you knew how worried I was for you."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:00 am

"Oh you do?" She asked.

---

Duncan didn't say a word, remaining silent. 'I wish you could know as well.'
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:12 am

Travis nodded, his head rubbing against the towel as he refused to look up. "Hungry..."

---

Kendra let herself relax after a while, cuddling into him again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:21 am

Selene laughed lightly and stood up. She walked away from the table and returned within a few minutes holding a plate that had a turkey sandwich on it. She placed it by his head and sat down again.

---

Duncan held her closer, refusing to see the image of Fortune doing the same. He smiled, genuinely, and rested his head on her's gently.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 am

Travis glanced at it and slowly sat up, and suddenly nearly fell out of his chair. "Aw, damn..." He mumbled to himself. "Dizzy." He said, picking the sandwich up and sniffing it before taking a hearty bite.

---

"I love you, Duncan." Kendra whispered. She eventually relaxed completely, ever so slowly drifting to a light slumber in his arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]   Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2] - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worlds Apart [Closed Joining | Remake 2]
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next