Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rhythm Revolution

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:50 am

Music is my life. It makes up my soul, my very being. I'd die without my rhythm. Without my beat, I'm nothing. They want to take that away. I'll die first.

Or they will.

Setting: 2030. Most major cities around the world have grown to encompass the cities around them. They've grown up and out, creating urban metropolises that take up entire states. Giant areas where most of the Earth's population lives and dwells.

The Story: The New World Government has banned music of all types. They have threatened all who oppose this new rule with extreme consequences. but still groups of teens all around the world fight them. Graffiti, posters, hijacked loudspeakers. Whatever it takes, they do it to keep music alive.

Lingo: These are some phrases made up or changed for this RP

Chip: A small microchip or memory devise that holds music, they are very prized, and most are held by government agencies or other authorities.

Music Box.: A form of musical graffiti, it is a simple devise constructed of speakers, a music chip, and some electronics, all put into a small box that can be attached to a building through various means.

Band: Bands are like the gangs of this new world, and their only agenda is bringing music back to the masses through various means, including, but not limited to pirate radio, music boxes, and graffiti.

Rules:
NO GOD MODDING!
Follow forum rules
Follow my rules
Post MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE in your bio.
I won't discriminate between Lit and Illit, but at least post a complete sentence or more in each post.
I will probably add more rules as I remember them, But I'll announce it when I do.

CC:
Name:
StreetName (Nickname):
Looks:
Bio: (At least two complete sentences.)
Other:

Mine:

Name: K.T. Riosu
StreetName : K.T.
Looks: K.T.
Bio: The oldest of three brothers, K.T. is the natural leader and legal guardian. He has spent most of his life on the streets, and he's been fighting for music ever since it was banned. He's strong, quiet, caring and protective willing to do anything to make sure that his brothers stay out of harm's way.
Other:

Name: Ako Riosu
StreetName: Amp
Looks: Ako
Bio: Ako is the twin brother of Haro, and they're practically inseparable. They roam the streets together, spreading music to the unfortunate masses. Ako is stronger and more outgoing than his twin brother, but may not be as smart.
Other:

Name: Haro Riosu
StreetName : Scratch
Looks: Haro
Bio: Haro is the twin brother of Ako, younger by a matter of minutes. He is very athletic, and very noble; at least, he tries to be.
Other:

Last edited by ==K.T.== on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://racefan105.deviantart.com
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 am

Name:Terrance Lanster
StreetName (Nickname): Alternative Beast (Ask if you need me to explain it)
Looks: Hes a big, Jacked, Kid with alot of muscle. He is bald and has no dominant hair color His dark eyes match his dark skin.
Bio: He is a big music guy like most others who oppose the law. He started his own band to get back alternative rock, and other forms of rock, with a Radio station found in an obscure channel, Granted music isn't playing 24/7, Alot of it is talk so that way they stay under government radar if they do find out the station.
Other: Hes a big guy and he acts like a big guy

Last edited by OddOneOut on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:20 am

In, and yes, please explain the name if you will.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:10 pm

Its simple, Hes a big guy making the Beast and he loves Alternative Rock so put Alternative Rock and Beast together and you get the Alternative Beast
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Anyone else? Would it help to mention that this was inspired by Jet Set Radio Future, Marc Ecko's Getting Up, and more recently, Mirror's edge?
Back to top Go down
[Rioichi]
That Girl in the Skinny Jeans
That Girl in the Skinny Jeans
[Rioichi]

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Getting up you say?

I'll join later.
Back to top Go down
http://French-DBP-Productions.blogspot.com
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 am

Okay, it's later. Join, Dammit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 5:48 pm

(Sorry I haven't had the time to get this up, but here it is. XP)

Name: Sakura Treborn
StreetName (Nickname): Kira
Looks: Sakura
Bio: Sakura, or Kira, as she's become known as, has a huge love for Rock and Power Metal music. She stole a guitar before they were all destoryed, and only plays it when she is sure that no one is around to hear. Her parents threw away most of anything that even had the word "sound" tied to it in any way, and so, Sakura had distanced herself from them. She's been involved in 'non-music" things with the Government, and doesn't have the best relation with them.
Other: She might have a small thing for K.T.
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:01 pm

(It's okay, You're IN!)
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:44 am

So I guess we need one more
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 3:38 am

Seeing the small number of people on this forum, yes, one more will do. If no one joins by Friday, we'll start anyway.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Quicky:

Where will we start when we do
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:41 pm

I was thinking either New York, or L.A. Since in this future they've both grown, the NYC area would be most on New England, and L.A. would have merged with the growing San Francisco, making most of California one big city.

I'm indecisive, so I'll let you guys decide which.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Im very partial to NYC but it seems too overdone. maybe a smaller city that doesn't have a too big of a police force
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:54 am

Ha ha, where's the fun in that? XP I'd say New York.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Okay then

(Yes home field advantage)
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Well, there's also the Chattanooga, TN / Atlanta, GA metro area. They're already about to connect, so they'll probably pretty much be one big city. And our police forces ain't the greatest in the world. I got out of my first speeding ticket because the cop knew my Dad.

But NYC sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 am

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Oh yeah, I was gonna start this a couple days ago.

A midsummer night falls on the city, and light shines in a parking garage situated atop a hill on the edge of the gargantuan city. An old cargo van from the 80'swith graffiti style paint is parked on the top level, all of its doors open to let the music flow freely from the speakers inside. A group of people and other cars and bikes is scattered throughout the garage to enjoy this forbidden activity, but the most loyal to music's cause are grouped near the van, looking out over the city.

"When's the show gonna start?" A red-headed boy in a black t-shirt asked.

The older boy next to him answered, "Ten more minutes." He stood leaning against the van, hands stuffed in the pocket's on his jacket.

"I can't wait." The boy sitting on the wall of the garage said. Even thought his hair was light brown it was obvious that he was a twin to the red-haired boy.

((Everyone can start at the garage party, or you can start wherever you want.))
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:14 am

(Im starting at my Radio station by the New York Harbor, Also check my looks because I edited them)

"...And this is your host AB signing out. Be sure to catch us next time at 7 o'clock in the morning. Good night and be Careful" Alternative Beast said as he spoke into the microphone. He turned it off. "Well its time to close up shop" he said as he unplugged the cords and put them in his pockets. He turned off everything and took the music chips form his station desk and went on home, not forgetting to lock the place inside and out. He went to his apartment which was only a block or two away. "Surprised no cops are out at night" He said with a small chuckle. He entered his house, which happens to be an abandoned apartment, and went to sleep
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:28 pm

(That works.)

The music coming from the van changed, and 'Audience of One' by Rise Against started playing. The twins looked to the older boy, who was holding an iPod wirelessly hooked up to the van's stereo.

"Why this old song, K.T.?" The red-haired boy asked.

"Because it's fitting." K.T. said. He knew that right now, some of his trusted friends in this rebellion were racing around the city, planting explosives at key locations. K.T. knew the buildings would be empty, or else he wouldn't have planned this.

This night was the fourth of July, and K.T. knew the city was launching fireworks displays in all of its districts. They would be set off at exactly 10:00PM, and K.T. had set the charges to go off at the same time. It was now 9:55, and he started getting radio calls from the people on the streets, saying the packages had been delivered. A grin spread across his face, the moment of truth was about to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:34 pm

AB laid in his bed. "I wish there were other ways to get the music back...Almost no one is listening to the station, which is good and bad at the same time." He sat up and looked up to the sky to see some premature fireworks. "Hmm," He looked at the fire works. He walked outside and looked to see when the fireworks would start. "At least i can calm down to the works"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Sakura was watching the three brother with a smirk on her face. She was leaning against a different wall, but hadn't spoken up yet. She listened to the music and hummed to it softly.
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:59 pm

As the song reached it's finale, the fireworks started. The first ones were actual fireworks launched by the city, but after only a few seconds there was a large explosion at the base of one of the dark skyscrapers in the middle of the city. The building stood around 60 stories, but in a few seconds it was ground level. Other, smaller explosions rocked other building throughout the city, many of them secret HQs for the government's Anti-Music Division. The twins each raised a fist and cheered at the site of the buildings falling, and nearly every other loyal rebellion member joined them.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Ab saw the buildings fall and he nodded his head and smiled "Nothing like a couple of extremeists to excite your night." Not that far off he saw two twins with fists in the air "Heh heh heh, and I think I see them. Time to get acquainted" He walked over to the building
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhythm Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhythm Revolution   Rhythm Revolution Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhythm Revolution
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retaliation Forum :: Roleplays :: General Roleplays-
Jump to: