Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Death Note: Rewrite

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Death Note: Rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 am

Bend, Oregon falls into the hands of a mass murderer by the name of Mori. Mori is Latin for "to die." This alias should be enough reason to cringe at the name, for anyone who knows the slightest bit of Latin. Criminals have begun to drop dead at a moment's notice, from heart attacks. But how is it that one person can kill people and cause them to have heart attacks without lifting a finger...?

The answer is hidden in Lily Harding's desk. Not that anyone knows about the Death Note, of course. Except for her and her 'pet' Shinigami, Ryuk. Taken by a clouded sense of justice, she seeks to purge the world of evil by killing off all criminals and all those who oppose her, all in the name of justice.

This is where K steps in. K, the world's highest ranked detective who doesn't take on a case unless over one million dollars are involved or if more than ten people have died. The thing is, this is a case K took on from the day the suspicious deaths began. Both with justice on their minds, they seek to stop the other, but many things are to happen on the way that could change the fate of the world as we know it...

---

Death Note Rewrite: How To Use It
All the people can choose a character to replace. Yey. I'd like to have at least one police officer before we start, and we can all just substitute random others. =/ And successors for K... though, who's to say they'll be needed? ;D And possibly successors for Mori... though, again, who's to say they'll be needed? ;D Just in case there wants to be a second Mori though, we probably should have one of those.

---

CC Replacements
"Kira" becomes "Mori"
"L" becomes "K"
Mori/Lily Harding: Wolfdra
K/Kendra [Goes by Kate]: Mrs. Holopainen
Want someone? Just ask!

---

CC Format

Name:
Looks:
Bio:
Replacing:
Odd Fetish [If desired]:
Side:
Other:

---

Name: Kendra [Goes by Kate]
Looks: Kendra/Kate
Bio: An orphan taken into the Wammy's House at a young age, she showed promise of detective skills. Rather taken with nicknaming herself, she began to address herself as Kate rather than her name. Almost no one knows her surname. When she decided to be a detective, she solved cases in secret and let others take the credit for a while until she was old enough to be licensed simply as "K". With a strong sense of justice outweighing anything she confides in, she swears to send Mori to his death.
Replacing: L Lawliet "L"
Odd Fetish: V8, chews on sugar sticks often
Side: ...Well, hers.
Other: Her iPod is a constant companion, whether she's listening to it or not.

Name: Rylan Ferell
Looks: Rylan
Bio: Rylan is a literary agent [SUCK IT, ETHAN ELLENBERG!]. He runs his small business in Bend, having only been an agent for a year or so. He has five clients and two younger agents who work alongside him. Usually people his age aren't allowed to have a job such as his but he wanted to do it ever since he was young, so he started it as a side job. He attends school with Lily, but he doesn't make much move to speak to anyone when half the time he's working on stuff for his jobs if it isn't homework. He's very busy and thinking about dropping out of school, though he knows he can't. He takes pictures he thinks would work for book covers for future clients and just because he enjoys the memories. When the time comes for opinions, he is a full Mori supporter because Mori killed the person who killed one of his cousin's families.
Replacing: Misa Amane ["The Second Kira"]
Odd Fetish [If desired]: Likes to take pictures.
Side: Mori's
Other: Often carries a camera.

Last edited by Mrs. Holopainen on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 am

Do I reeeally want to join?

/srs contemplation pls.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 am

YES YOU DO :DDD
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:52 am

HOKAY.

Lemme whip up a detailed character with effort behind 'em. When I've got something, I'll edit this post. XD
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 am

Name: Lily Harding ["Mori"]
Looks: Lily
Bio: Lily was the oldest in her family, her sister is three years her junior. Her mother was killed by a murderer when she was only 6, though the one who had done it was never caught. Since then, she has condemned any and all criminals that she ever has heard about, thinking of them as even lower than scum. She is currently living with her father and younger sister but she thinks she's different from them, better than they could be. It's not uncommon for her to distant herself from anyone, as she does it regularly. No one has ever caught her special attention, unless of course they have something she needs. She's independent and looks at things in a different light from others, trying to always account for every possibility for a situation. She is currently in honor's class at her school, but she just considers it a waste of time.
Replacing: Light Yagami ["Kira"]
Odd Fetish [If desired]: Always seen with a container for soda [whether it's a bottle or a cup] and with a pack over her shoulder.
Side: ... XD Who's do you think?
Other: Not much.

[I'll edit this too.]

Last edited by Wolfdra on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : BACKROUND)
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 am

Hardly worth saying you're in. XD
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:21 am

>:3 When are we starting?
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:42 am

We'll start tomorrow, "Mori."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 am

Very well, "K."
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:50 pm

lol we can start but I have to go plz.

I SHALL MAKE YOUR FALSE KINGDOM FALL LATER MORI.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Damn I do too. |: I'll edit later, "K."
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Name: Ferren Markus
Looks: I'll get to that laterrr.
Bio: The cheerful sufferer of both passive-aggressive narcissism and pica, Ferren uses his grandiose sense of self-worth and his callous, but showy attitude to pointedly throw down his opposition with the guileless ease of one who really doesn't care. Though, if you catch him at the right time, or simply know how to disarm his defenses, he's just a kid who grew up a bit fast. Also, he's German. ;D
Replacing: Mmnear.
Odd Fetish [If desired]: Adores rubber. Give him a deflated balloon, and he'll love you forever and a day.
Side: Good.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 pm

No deal, Mori. "The one who strikes first shall win!"

loooooooooolCat, in

---

"I'm bored..." The Shinigami groaned, staring down into the human world desolately. "Look at 'em, they always have something to do..." Ryuk looked up at the Shinigami playing with a skull next to him. "And you're always gambling... it's boring..."

"There's nothing interesting in the human world for us besides lifespans."

"But there's apples." Ryuk protested. "I long for a nice, juicy apple..."

"Then go down there and get one..." The Shinigami replied, bored. Ryuk suddenly grinned—hard to distinguish, since his grin was permanent. He slowly moved a skeletal hand to his side, where there was a pocket the size of a notebook. He pulled out two notebooks, and the Shinigami looked at him in surprise.

"The Boss'll kill you for snatching a second. Again. Wait—what are you doing? Ryuk!" The Shinigami exclaimed as Ryuk extended a hand into the portal, and dropped a Death Note into the bowels of the human world.

"I'm already dead." Was the snickered reply.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:46 am

A adolescent girl named Lily Harding was on her way to the mall, since summer was out for most of the schools in Bend. She had on a thin, deep blue, long sleeved shirt on that hid deathly white skin underneath the threads, as if it had never seen the light of day. To go with it, she had placed a simple white t-shirt over it and wore light blue jeans for leggings because every single person I have apparently loves jeans. Her ebony hair fell around her face beautifully, her light purple-blue eyes looking ahead with fading curiosity. She had a napsack slung lazily on her shoulder with a disposable cup of soda in her hand, the ice colliding with the sides of Styrofoam.

Her eyes scanned the faces of the people she passed, but she disregarded them within a few minutes. There was no one that was any worth to her, not even her younger sister and father. She had never paid mind to them, except to say the occasional hello and how is your life.

There was a soft patter not far from her feet. She looked around and spotted a small, black book. Her curiosity getting the better of her, she walked over to it, stopping in front of it and kneeling down to see it. "Death Note," she muttered out loud, gracing her fingertips on the cover. "Never heard of it before," she added to herself. She looked around, but the sidewalk had become deserted, as if it was never traveled, leave for her. "No one's here." She picked it up and looked it over once again. "Strange."

Last edited by Wolfdra on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:04 am

"You're clinged to that human now!" The Shinigami said, genuinely surprised. Ryuk shrugged.

"Any human with a Death Note never lives long." He said, and two wings burst from his back. "I'll see you later." He lunged forward before the other Shinigami could reply, letting himself fly at full speed into the sunlit world of humans. He let himself accelerate near the ground and stopped at a hover, watching as people walking passed through him every now and then without seeing him. He levitated forward, watching for his black book.

It wasn't hard to find. To amuse her when she would reach wherever he was going, Ryuk hid from Lily Harding's gaze. He had no idea who she was, but he could tell just from the look of her expression this could be entertaining. Just what he needed at the moment.

---

Kate slammed her empty V8 can onto a small table in front of her. They went all too quickly. She stood up and pushed it into a trash can, where four other V8 cans were at the bottom. She walked over to the radio her iPod was connected to and cranked it up, slightly letting her head sway with the rhythm as she went to get another V8.

She pondered how all the others were doing at the Wammy's House. She did regular check-ins, and wasn't surprised when many were replaced. She felt slightly at fault that A had committed suicide against the pressure... but that wasn't to worry for at the moment. She'd taken on two cases the day before, and she needed to report that one of them was solved. She hadn't even looked at the other yet... another V8 was needed for that.

After getting a Pomegranate Blueberry V8, she traversed back to the chair and climbed into it, curling up into a ball and picking up a folder, trading the can for it. She began to flip through it, looking bored, and sighed to herself. Jeez, I feel like going for a walk or something...
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:38 am

Lily fingered the cover open and read the first page. Twice. "This has to be a hoax," she huffed to herself. She pressed her lips into a thin lip. 'If anyone could, there would be many people lining the streets.' She went through the pages which looked like they were just pressed and placed in the notebook. 'As I thought, there's nothing here.' She looked around, tempted to just toss it to the side for anyone else to take. Something made her keep it though. She went forward, starting on her course again as she looked down at the notebook again.

---

An elderly man was observing Kate from the back of the room, watching her movements like a hawk. He had a pressed black suit that one would except to be worn on an outing or at a formal job. His hair, what was left of it, was graying from his original color, which had been a pale umber. He approached the girl's chair from behind, standing a foot or so away from it. "Is there anything you need, Kate?" He finally asked.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 am

Ryuk said nothing, not showing any sign of his presence. He fought the urge to snicker at her murmur and simply waited. He would reveal himself later. It wouldn't take long.

---

"No, thank you, Watari." Kate said, looking back and flashing him a brief smile. She kicked her legs rhythmically with the music as she looked over the folder, humming to herself and setting down page after page.
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 am

A Lego. Oh, of all of the pointless, yet somehow captivating things scattered inside his desk drawers, all the frustrated German could find was a little, six-nubbed red Lego brick. After a long moment of squinting at the plastic block, pinched between forefinger and thumb, Ferren popped it into his mouth, using his tongue to nudge it into his cheek. He proceeded to suck on it as he scooted around the hardwood floor in his rolling leather chair, humming a little bit here and there.

He spun around, grasping the desk and pulling himself forward so that he was primly seated, glancing over the piles of space-wasting crap with a grimace. Boredom never set well with him. He pulled open a drawer, shuffling around in it until he produced an ornate letter opener. He slammed the drawer shut and promptly began to graffiti his own desk with oddball carvings. Ah, amusement.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 am

Lily ran her hand over the front page, reading it a third time as she went. She pulled her hand away to absently pull out a pen from the napsack. 'Could this really work?' How to check it was the thing. If it was someone personal that she knew, it could be risky on her part. But if it was an average person that she saw and met on the street, there would be nothing to it.

Or eve someone else. Like a criminal. It made her blood boil, what that word meant. It doesn't even begin to speak of what those people were. She kept walking but stopped in front of a house. The curtain was drawn and a television was on, facing the street. She saw a newscast air and crept closer to the windows, hearing the reporter streaming through the open window.

"The masked robber of the Bank of Cascades was identified as John Kelly, 31, who is currently employed at Rite Aid..." The newscaster went on with more details of the case, including that the police were currently stationed outside of John's house. It was reported that he had kidnapped a woman when he had robbed the bank. Lily looked at the notebook and held the pen to the page.

It's probably not going to work. It's an amusing prank nonetheless.' She pictured his face which they had aired whilst talking about him and wrote down his name, accounting for any spelling variations that would have been used for it. She spied a clock that was placed next to the television; it was a digital one. It currently read 10:45:00 A.M. She drew a her and waited as the seconds ticked off, glancing to see the progress of the break in. The police hadn't yet gone in, waiting for the okay by their adviser. The clock ticked onto 10:45:40 AM and then to 10:45:41 with nothing happening. Shoving back the sinking feeling in her stomach, she turned to leave, but suddenly heard a reporter on the scene yell:

"The woman has just run out of John Kelly's house! She's alright, but there's no sign of Kelly."

She blanched and looked down at the notebook and back at the television in disbelieve. 'O-oh my... It does work!' She grit her teeth and took a deep breath. "One more test."

---

Watari only nodded, watching her still. Yet again he asked, "Which case is this, Kate?"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:38 am

Ryuk cackled with amusement at the girl's expression, but was still far enough not to be heard by her. It's so unnatural, having to hide from a human!

[/fail]

---

"The three murders that took place in Portland." Kate sighed heavily. "The police there disappoint me. The culprit's dead. He was the third one, committed suicide..." She tossed the folder onto the table. "Do you think I should check in with some of the Wammy's House? F, maybe?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:36 am

Lily turned and headed to the street quickly, scanning the streets quickly and carefully for anyone to use. She saw a store down the way and went forward quickly, going in and seeing yet another television. It was airing on-air demonstration for some protect that she would never use. The man on air was named Vincent Morrison and he was offering along the lines of a towel. Glancing at the book, she took a nearby newspaper and opened it, hiding it inside. She pondered for a moment and wrote down his name. Vincent Morrison, accident, dies during T.V. performance. She looked back at the screen as she waited.

"And that, friends, is what the Soak-Up can do for you," Vincent said with a grin, unaware of the fate about to befall him. As he went on to explain even more things about 'Soak-up' a low creaking sound could be heard from above him, coming from a light. The structure holding the light in place suddenly buckled in on itself, causing the light to crash down onto Vincent. Lily stared with wide eyes as the cameras turned away and the screen went blank. People in the store started whispering and some had even passed out. She looked down at the notebook once more, her breath caught in her chest.

'I can't believe this. Can it be true, really true?' She closed the notebook and hid both her pen and the book in the napsack. Placing the newspaper back were it was, she walked out quickly, starting to head home now instead. 'I killed people. One just had it coming. But Vincent? Did he?' She stopped and looked at the napsack. 'I guess he kinda did.'

---

"Perhaps. Do what you think is best." [/hahafailtoo]

Last edited by Wolfdra on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ERRORS MUST DIE |:<)
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:37 am

Long minutes passed, and Ferren passed them gritting down on the Lego. When he'd chewed it to a bruised and cracked blob of plastic, he scooted over to a large plastic rubbish bin, and spat it out. He peered into the bin, pursing his lips at the assortment of oddities he'd grown bored of chewing and had thrown out. "Rubber." he muttered, standing and wandering the room with little point, his hazel eyes darting around in desperate search for just a scrap of the elastic substance. "Gimme." his tone grew almost whiny as he shuffled through drawers.

Eventually, he gave up and resorted to chewing on the butt of a pen, his gaze straying to his itty-bitty TV. He grabbed for his remote and flipped on the news, sitting himself back down in his chair, basically back to square one.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 am

Ryuk pondered on showing himself now, but not in the middle of this store. He didn't want to risk that... he'd wait until she was at her home or something, alone. He withheld a chuckle to himself. He watched her carefully while he followed her, and wondered if some Shinigami were watching him right now. He pondered killing a few people to scare her, but decided against that as well. He'd kill when he needed to.

All he knew was that he was seeing something about her that would make her want to keep the Death Note. Something very rare.

---

Kate shrugged. "He's been saying he wants to communicate... or maybe that was M. I don't know, but I want to talk to F." She shrugged to herself nonchalantly. "Is he just at the normal home? Of course he is..." She answered herself, taking a black phone out of her pocket. She scrolled through the numbers all initialized with letters of the alphabet and clicked 'call' on F, putting it on speaker and setting it on the table to trade for the V8.
Back to top Go down
Do Svidaniya.
Junior
Junior
Do Svidaniya.

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 am

Ferren's eyes were drawn to the adamently vibrating phone on his desk, and he considered hitting the ignore button, until her saw the large, prominant 'K' flashing on the front screen. Surprised, he flipped open the cell and put it to his ear. "It's F." he greeted, leaning back in his chair. "What service can I do you?" he tapped the mutilated pen against his lip, and muted the television.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 am

"Hello, F," Kate greeted, and immediately stopped as she heard the annoying synchronized voice the phone provided. She switched it off and said, "I don't believe I've spoken to you, but something compelled me to do so. So, I'm afraid there will be no service needed for me today." She said, joking just lightly. "It's a pleasure to speak to you, though."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Rewrite   Death Note: Rewrite Empty

Back to top Go down

Death Note: Rewrite
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next