Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Motivation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Motivation   Motivation EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:21 am

Ever have a really good idea for a story, project, song, anything, and you want to commit it to paper or somewhere where someone besides yourself will see it, but something is always keeping you down, like criticism, past failures or lack of an audience. I'm sure it has happened to all of us once before. The one thing I want to focus on though is how do we combat this lack of Motivation. Do you listen to inspirational music, do you self motivate yourself mentally. I want to know what gets you guys motivated to do something, to make a story, to make an RP, to make a graphic novel, to make a whole damn forum off of one idea. I could really use the motivation right now, because I have zero
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Admin
Wolfie

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:23 am

mostly music. Sometimes if you just do it you eventually get into the "mood" and get motivated.

Or you can just go eat stuffed portabella mushrooms and watch America's Next Top Model like I do.

That's probably why Retaliation is moving as fast as a sabertooth in tar.

time period refs ftw
Back to top Go down
https://retaliationforum.forumotion.com
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:39 am

Music and monotonous tasks for me. Nothing that requires thought, just something to occupy part of my mind so it doesn't distract my creative side. I came up with most of my RPs and awesome posts while mowing the yard and listening to either shuffle or Pandora.

The type of music changes depending on my mood.
If I'm feeling evil I listen to stuff like Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Nine Inch Nails, generally stuff to listen to as the world burns.
If I'm feeling like I need to fight, I'll put on stuff like Godsmack, Offspring, and Rise against. Stuff to listen to as I set the world ablaze.

Other times I may be more thoughtful, and I'll need instrumentals. These can either be traditional orchestral pieces, newer styles like Beats Antique or Ludovico Enaudi, rock styles like Godspeed You Black Emperor!, or Nine Inch Nails (again. They're as bi-polar as I am.)

There are yet other times I can't define where I'll listen to various rocks and metals and punks.

If you want my version of motivation, this helped for a while; It's nine Inch Nails' "The Slip." Completely free album available in numerous formats. http://theslip.nin.com/
Back to top Go down
http://racefan105.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Empty

Back to top Go down

Motivation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retaliation Forum :: Mage's Lounge :: Spam-
Jump to: