Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mages of Azero

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:10 am

Plot

In the land of Azero, there are multiple clans, all connected to the same guild. The Guild is a guild of mages and each clan specializes in a specific form of magic. The Azerian Mages have not explored the other lands that surround it though, which is bad for them. A new threat arises away from the land and endangers the existence of Azero. The Elders of each clan have selected Mages that are worthy enough, and they wish that these selected mages travel to these lands and preform reconnaissance on their enemies, bring back as much information they can, and stop this invasion.

How Magic Works

Magic is based off of memories. A mage first learns a spell by reading it in text, or being told orally. After practicing that move by training or other means. The spell becomes engraved into their mind and it is second nature. Each spell requires incantation and the harder the spell, the longer the incantation. All mages have healing spells but they are minor. Certain clans specialize in different types of healing. All mages need an outlet for their spells (Like a Staff or wand). It is said that not using an outlet with your magic is very dangerous, and death is only guaranteed. Mixing elemental spells is also forbidden because it may cause catastrophic effects and may drain the user completely. These are the basics of the mages and you must follow them.

The Clans

Barricum: They are the clan of the sun. They train in fire magic and flame abilities. They can conjure a Fireball with their bare hands and can run with a fire trail behind them. They are the weakest healers but their battle magic is very powerful

Genshi: They are the people of the rock. These magics master the land around them, they can manipulate the land around them and can use it to their advantage. They are a step higher as healers compaired to the Barricum and a step down in power.

Makkai: These are the people of the leaf. They Can manipulate the plants around them and can use the plants as traps. They are better healers than the Genshi and can heal poison, but are weaker than the Genshi in power

Talmahoy: They are the people of the cloud. They control the air, from changing winds to making their own. Their healing power is high but they are more susceptible to pain and are weaking in power to the Makkai

Renchi: They are the master of the thunder. They can shoot Electricity from their hands and can call upon the shock waves of the thunder Their healing power is weaker than the Talmahoy (But stronger in power) but they can cure paralyzed allies

Hementai- They are the people of the sea. They can conjure water attacks, as well as ice attacks. They are the best healers, but the weakest fighters but the best healers. It is said that they can even bring the dead back to life.

CC
Name
Looks
Bio: (Can be reveled through the story)
Clan
Other

Rules:

Follow the rules of the mage
Forum standard
...you guys have anything you want to add.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:20 am

Questions:

1. When you say "Magic is based off memories," do you simply mean the fact that the spells engrave themselves into the memories?
2. Do we make up our own incantations?
3. Are we able to play bad guys? Is there a format for it?

I'll make profiles later. XD
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:28 am

1 If you mean that spells are apart of another a separate memory entirely, then no. You memorize the spells until you can't get them out of your head. Then every time you cast the spell, you image the writing or hear the voice of the incantation and the spell jsut flows
2 Absolutly, but you have to use the same incantation for the same spell
3. No, this is a good guy's campaign only, but don't worry it will be fun.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:36 am

Okayonemorethen

CAN GOOD PEOPLE TURN EVIL? D: I WANT SOMEONE EVIIIIIIIL

Que Wolfdra for the When You're Evil chorus
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:38 am

*STARTS MUSIC*

Eh, I'll join, later. I just glanced through it, I need to read more into it.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:31 am

I didn't want to ruin it, but there is a plot twist and there will be a schism in our group
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:39 am

...Then can we have some of our characters split up with the bad guys too?
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:41 am

Well, thats more for interpretation but that will happen later, RIGHT NOW though everyone is on the same side.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:44 am

It's a yes or no question. XD When they go through the, as you say, 'schism,' will some of our characters be able to split away as well? I get that we're all on the same side for now, I want to know for later because it's like... come on you've gotta have bad guys...
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:03 am

YES! We have bad guys and good guy you can be one later and can we please move the **** along.

Edit: yea sorry about that outburst. It was late and being asked the same question a few times set me on edge, Sorry.

Last edited by OddOneOut on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I was a dumbass)
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 am

Name: Jex Ghenai
Looks: He is 5'9 and is 150 lbs. He has light brown hair and sad gray eyes. His skin is fair, not too light, not to dark, but he is obviously Caucasian.
Bio: He is the son of Hamal Ghenai, who is second hand to the Elder. Hamal is also a fantastic Magician and has been promoted General in case of a war rising. Now Hamal originally refused that Jex went to the other territory but after long consideration from him and his best friend, the Elder, it was decided that Jex went.
Clan: Renchi
Other: His Outlet for spells is his staff, named "Howling Lightning"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Name: Athena Rove
Looks: Athena has blond hair that falls to her chin, and bright green eyes—the first thing you see when you notice her. She has a pretty tan complexion from being out in the sun all the time, and well defined features in her face such as her cheekbones and prominent chin. She wears a red leather vest and dark gray normal cotton pants.
Bio: Generally quiet, she only speaks when she is spoken to. She likes to lead, which is a downside when it comes to teamwork. She leads a pretty normal life but strives for perfection, and she likes things to go fast except when it involves action. She’s well-mannered unless you piss her off. In that case, get a shield. She tends to be excited easily about fights, but in this case she’s deadly serious about it. She’s very protective of her friends, for she doesn’t have that many.
Clan: Renchi
Other: Simply her blade is her outlet.

Name: Travis Wolfe
Looks: Ear-length dark hair and bright red eyes—his unique feature. Everything else is pretty ordinary—he’s extremely muscular, though. He wears an outfit of white, in which he gets angered when the cloths get dirty. He’s actually pretty pale.
Bio: A very arrogant young man who doesn’t know when to shut up. He hates being an acolyte by any means, even if it just means that he’s part of a team. He wants to be the leader of his clan. He’s very ambitions and rarely ever makes acts of random kindness unless there’s something in it for him. He’s very selfish and conniving, even toward those he works with.
Clan: Genshi
Other: Uses a wand [outlet] but wields quite a few other weapons.

Name: Ariana Craven
Looks: Ariana has bright red hair that’s easily picked out from a crowd. She has blue eyes and she’s always seen with a smile. She wears a white shirt and blue vest, along with tan colored pants and burgundy boots. She tends to hunch her shoulders up when angered.
Bio: Ariana likes to be unique and different. She makes it a point to make opinions and tends to be pretty obstinate about many things for no particular reason. Cheerful and optimistic, she looks forward to this journey. She’s a social butterfly, and loves to meet people—but don’t underestimate her. She knows how to fight and she won’t hesitate to put someone on their ass. Her bright red hair matches with her clan element, and she’s proud of the fact she’s a redhead.
Clan: Barricum
Other: Uses a staff [outlet] and rapier.

Name: Linus Reymon
Looks: Very short black hair [think Daniel Radcliffe!] and brown eyes. He’s pretty ordinary, and always bares a relaxed composure. You can tell he’s displeased when wrinkles crease in his forehead because he raises his eyebrows probably as far as they can go. He wears whatever he can get his hands on.
Bio: Linus is humble, and he finds a lot of things interesting. He’s a watcher—examining everything around them. At times he can seem sort of selfish, but it’s mainly to protect the fact he cares about something. He never lies and always gives opinions whether it’s asked of him or not. He doesn’t like the reconnaissance mission, but he’s willing to do what he can.
Clan: Talmahoy
Other: Uses a wand [outlet] and daggers.

I decided to see how I'd do if I just described how they looked. (:

Last edited by Mrs. Holopainen on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 pm

You're all in (Who's going to be evil is totally not obvious)
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:27 pm

(: Exactly. lalalalalawhenyou'reevil~
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Well We can either start now, or wait for Wolfdra. Your call
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:49 am

Name: Ashlah
Looks: She has almond brown hair that goes down to the small of her back, which can also spill over her pale shoulders. She has light gray eyes set in an almost child-like face, though she is a teenager. Her robes consist of a wine red velvet dress that only has one shoulder, the breast half of the dress made of a blood red corset. The one sleeve, which reached only half was down her upper arm, had a see through lace attached where the sleeve itself stopped.
Bio: Ashlah is a spontaneous and always improving mage. She wears her clan’s colors with pride and she’s never seen without her staff. She was able to use her magic since she was little, and has been trying to get even better. She has suffered quite a few accidents while trying to make them work; which include actually burning her eyebrows off. She hasn’t let herself become depressed because of it, and is actually a little surprised that she was asked to go.
Clan: Barricum.
Other: A dark wood staff that has thin columns of wood that meet in the middle of the staff to hold a red jewel is her catalyst [output] for magic. [/sorry if it doesn’t make sense. |: ]

Name: Selene Femmar
Looks: She has jet black hair that falls past her shoulders, but just barely. She has striking blue eyes, but fair skin as well as defined lines on her face. She has an unusual hardened expression on her face most of the time, but she can be warm and caring when in private. She wears a full white robe that has a v-neck that isn’t too revealing. The sleeves of her dress go past her hands, but it doesn’t hinder her in doing anything.
Bio: Selene didn’t start to use magic until she was 12, and has been forced through harsh training to keep up with the others. She resents her teachers because of it, but she has excellent healing powers. She is jaded, she doesn’t gain trust easily, and would more often be left alone. What event caused this, she hasn’t told a soul.
Clan: Hementai
Other: She has a staff that has intricate designs from the lore of the clan carved into it that are painted with a faint teal blue. It serves as her medium [output] for her magic.

[Eh, I'll add in a male later.]
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 am

Don't edit in a male, It's already 5 guys to 3 girls. Here is the start though

"You have all been brought here for an important mission"

That was the first thing everyone was told when they were brought to the elders. His voice boomed louder than any thunder and he spoke with more authority than nature itself.

"You are to go to the rivaling guild, find out what they are up to, and tell us everything you know. It is obvious war is going to start, and we need you to find out what we must do to protect ourselves. You are our chosen. Do not let you clan down. Do not let your guild down. Do not let your people down. Now go, work as a team, and fight for our people." Was the elder's last words before everyone was excused.

It is an hour after the hearing, Jex is twirling his staff, looking for everyone to pay attention. Some he has heard of, some were strangers. "Listen. We do not have time to lose. They may attack at any moment, but if we are to work as a team, we should first get to know each others names and clan. We can learn of our stories later. I am Jex Ghenai. I am from the Renchi clan. Now who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mages of Azero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages of Azero   Mages of Azero Empty

Back to top Go down

Mages of Azero
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retaliation Forum :: Roleplays :: General Roleplays-
Jump to: