Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot] Empty
PostSubject: The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]   The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot] EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:36 am

It’s ironic that two mariners end up like this. That the two of us end up like this, in the belly of a whale. But life is always like that, yes? There’s no one left from either of our ships, we are the survivors. Its ribs are our house; its guts are the floor. But now that neither of us is preoccupied, we have all the time in the world, which is a good thing. I know you may not remember me, but I surely remember you. I was a mere toddler, only the age of three. You were a lad at the age of 18 when we met. I will now impart my tale, an epic of how our histories are entwined. This is my short tale, of my life from when you came to my mother and me, to now.

When we first met, you were a simple grunt in the whaling business. You’d spend any money you could scrounge in the bars on the women and drinks. You were the charmer though; you had about you a suave and cheerful attitude. My widowed mother became so fond of you, so allured by your charm. She took such pity on you; so much so that she let you stay with the two of us. The two of you became so close; I know you’d stay with her as much as you could.

But as time grinded on, as the hours became days, you soon became this rotten apple. We learned of your debts, and that you would return so often with the smell of alcohol dripping on your body. You’d always take more than you would give, leaving my mother to be a deprived wretch. And one day, you just up and went, not to return. But, the one thing that was left of you was all of your gambling baggage. My mother tried her hardest, she honestly did, but the magistrate stepped in and claimed our land. It wrecked her mind, pushing her beyond repair.

Sometime in the spring as I recall, my sweet, berated mother died. But before she did, I took her gentle hand as she told me of my mission to find the man that had ruined our lives. I vowed that I would, but it took me 15 years to finally pass the sorrow of her death as I wandered the streets. A simple priory found me and took pity, hiring as soon as they could. I was to clean the vestry, to keep it prim. But while in their employ, did I never stop thinking about the revenge I was to render onto you.

But the one night, I overheard a Prior and a rueful whaler trade words with the other. The captain of his ship was such a foe to match you with every blow, and known for his outrageous malice. The next morn, I had boarded the ship of a privateer, set on finding you once again. In the whistling of the sea breezes, I could almost hear my mother’s plea, to make you suffer as much as she had. It accompanied another message, that she would always be watching me, as I sailed to find you, to finish the mission set for me.

The fateful night that I set eyes on your ship at last after 20 months on the tide. Your starboard side was aside to us, in range of my muskets. I cleaned them, to serve as your sentence, to serve as my conduit for death. But there was a rumbling from beneath us, the telling of something dreadful. The oceans trembled, the sky grew foreboding, and the captain shied away from his duties. Before us, from the dark mists of the sea, giant teeth of a whale emerged to devour us.

I don’t know how I came to be alive. As my crewmates are all dead. I was spared, I suppose in the chaos I had passed through its teeth. But what silly irony, what omnipresent excellence that both you and I would be the ones left alive. I love the look on your face, it suits you well. I can see your eyes grow wider, your features faltering. It gives me so much pleasure to see how you recoil in fear. But please, lean closer, for I shall whisper, the last words that will ever fill your ears...

---

One, to know what this is about, I need to tell you, it's form a song I have discovered. It's by the band The Decemberists and it's called "The Mariner's Revenge Song". I LOVE this song so much now. XD I basically wrote out the lyrics in full sentences while still trying to give the song justice. I hope I did. XD

On that note, I take no credit for the song, only this. No copyright infringement is intended.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]   The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot] EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:44 am

:D I love it <33 They were awesome edits.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]   The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot] EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:47 am

The song's like drugs, amIright? I was gonna name it AWESOME SAUSE but I thought I should be a little mature in the naming.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]   The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot] EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:50 am

lawl.

For now, it is. XD
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]   The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot] EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 am

<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]   The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tale of the Vengeful Mariner [One-Shot]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retaliation Forum :: Cave Paintings :: Stories-
Jump to: