Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Vick released from jail

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfie
Admin
Admin
Wolfie

Michael Vick released from jail Empty
PostSubject: Michael Vick released from jail   Michael Vick released from jail EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:41 pm

In case you don't know what he did back in August, here's some clippings from a CNN report. He was convicted for dogfighting at his house.

CNN wrote:
Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick left a federal prison in Leavenworth, Kansas, early Wednesday, according to his publicist and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

He will serve the last two months of his 23-month sentence in home confinement in Virginia, his publicist Judy Smith said. He is a native of Newport News, Virginia.

Vick, 28, pleaded guilty in August 2007 to a federal charge of bankrolling a dogfighting operation at a home he owned in Virginia.

Vick plans to work with the Humane Society of the United States on anti-dogfighting campaigns, Humane Society President Wayne Pacelle told CNN on Tuesday.

Vick will work on programs aimed at preventing youths from getting involved in dogfighting, and also on programs to assist young people who have already been involved in the blood sport.

Pacelle said the Humane Society was approached by Vick's representatives. He said he has traveled to Kansas twice to meet with the former quarterback, and during the second visit, the two discussed how Vick could use his sway over youths to discourage them from involvement in dogfighting, as well as help those who were apprehended in connection with it.

I don't know if he's telling the truth about wanting to work with the Humane Society... we'll see though, I suppose.

Comments? Do you think his sentence was too long or not long enough?
Back to top Go down
https://retaliationforum.forumotion.com
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick released from jail   Michael Vick released from jail EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:13 pm

I remember having to read alot of websites for a dogfighting paper that I did sometime last year (Can't remember the month), and I remember reading about him, and I think I even used him in the paper a bit. And I personally don't think that his sentence was remotely long enough. And about him working with the Humane Society, I think that's crap, personally. He knew that the dogfighting was wrong, but he still did it. And I was saw on a website that he also had a cock-fighting operation in his backyard. I'll also go find the websites that I looked at as well.

One of the links that I read

Last edited by Wolfdra on Thu May 21, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick released from jail   Michael Vick released from jail EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Hey maybe he turned over another leaf. We don't know. The sentence did seem a little small and he is probably going into humane services because He A. feels guilty about what he did B. is pulling a huge publicity stunt to get the crowd on his side or C. Has no where to go because he can't be apart of the world of football anymore
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick released from jail   Michael Vick released from jail EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:45 pm

His dog-fighting kennel named "Bad Newz Kennels" was in business since early '01, and they had found out about it in '07. I would highly doubt that he would just "turn over a new leaf" in that period of 23 months that he was in jail for it. It can take alot for people to change, and this is one of those cases. I think that the only reason that he's "working" with the Humane Society is because he wants to save what little [if there is anything left] reputation he has left.

Vick article posted on July 18, 2007
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick released from jail   Michael Vick released from jail EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:56 pm

He must have felt the pain (Probably dropped the soap too many times) Truth is we dont see into his mind so we cant tell from where we stand
Back to top Go down
Deandre.
Masta Debator
Masta Debator
Deandre.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick released from jail   Michael Vick released from jail EmptySat May 23, 2009 1:05 am

Wolfdra wrote:
I think that the only reason that he's "working" with the Humane Society is because he wants to save what little [if there is anything left] reputation he has left.

I disagree. Stay with me on this one. Vick was famous before the incident over the dogfights. He did not need them. I believe he is working with the Humane Society because he wants to be famous again. Of course it would be easier for him to just dogfight again, but does he really want to go back to prison where people named Biff are crowding around him wanting his autograph every five minutes, and rough-tough people want him to sleep next to them because he is their favorite quarterback? No, I do not think so. He wants to be famous again, and not go to prison. So to me, it is not necessarily about wanting to gain his reputation, he just does not want to go back to jail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick released from jail   Michael Vick released from jail Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Vick released from jail
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retaliation Forum :: Mage's Lounge :: Media-
Jump to: