Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Family Business

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

The Family Business Empty
PostSubject: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 pm

The 1920's the boom of the first World War and the terror that came with it. Thanks to the 18th Amendment, alcohol is now illegal, and everyone is trying to get there share. Sure there are gangs all around the US making sure the Whiskey comes in on time, but there were some places that wasn't controlled by a gang or Mafia. In Aleston NY, a little distance away from New York City, A small town grew because of one underground brewery, the family owned Mercurio Whiskey hut. Now it didn't look like a bar at all from first glance. In fact, at first glance it looks like the Mercurio Diner. Now when I said it was an underground brewery, I really mean it was underground. Not only was it a brewery, it was a bar too. It was the most happening Bar in town too. Sadly though, my father Lorenzo Mecurio, is well on his way and needs a new heir, me, Giuseppe Mecurio. Now, people haven't had trouble with this brewery, not even the law enforcement around Aleston cared. But now, state officers are coming in and the mafia wants a cut of our dough. We ain't going down without a fight now, and that is where you come in...

Rules of the Mecurios
No one speaks of the Mecurio Brewery
No Alcohol Above ground
No day time drinking
Don't drink on Sunday
Do what you have to do to hide the evidence
No cops downstairs
No Mofioso downstairs
Friends of family must be verified with the owner
No drink goes unfinished
The owner must know of all business transactions
Someone is underground at all times
Stay in Aleston unless noted otherwise

Rules
CLF Standard (No G-mods, no hump de bump, PG-13)
I am the Owner, The head of Police, and The Don
Ask Questions if you need help
Have fun

CC:

Mecurio:(In Order to join you must put the 9th rule of the Mecurio's in you Other Slot)

Name: (If Not a Mecurio you are a friend of the family)
Looks:
Weapon:
Favorite drink:
Reason of affiliation: (If not a Mecurio)
Other

Police: (To Join, put the 6th Rule of the Mecurio's in the Other slot)

Name:
Looks:
Town: (Can be from Aleston)
Weapon:
Other:

Mafia: (To Join, put the 7th Rule of the Mecurio's in the Other Slot)

Name:
Looks:
Weapon:
Other:
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:34 am

I'll edit this with a character sheet later, but first I have to ask; exactly what year does it take take place, and is there any room for a driver, such as a moonshine runner?

Name: Ethan Shell
Bio: Ethan grew up in Tenessee, and spent his time trying to go as fast as he could on anything he could find. Be it his bike, horses, or his favorite, anything with four wheels and an engine. When it came time to find work, he had two options; go down into the coal mines or head north for more promising opportunities. It didn't take long for Ethan to make a decision and catch a ride on a freight train headed to New York. He was originally going to try and find work in the city, but the open country to the north seemed more his speed. He soon found work running errands for a local diner in exchange for food. That deal later grew to include the transportation of various less-than-legal cargoes for the diner's back door operations.
Looks: 6'0" tall and skinny, but still has enough muscle to lift a case or two of glass and whiskey. He wears glasses over his hazel eyes, and keeps his brown hair cut short. He usually wears overalls and a white shirt for work, but is known to dress up nice when the situation calls for it.
Weapon: Colt 1911, Remington coach gun
Favorite drink: Jack Daniel's. Straight, on ice, or mixed with dang near anything.
Reason of affiliation: Transporter of various goods for the diner and it's better half.
Other: No drink goes unfinished, that's just wasteful

Wrote a great bio, internet glitched, lost it all. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Last edited by ==K.T.== on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://racefan105.deviantart.com
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:36 am

Absolutely there is room for a runner (And I'll pack it with action for you) and I would say it would be December of 1921-The death of Lorenzo Mecurio
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 am

I was gonna join on the CL forum, but it sploded. So. I'll edit this too, but I'm not gonna be on very often after we finish Worlds.

Name: Catarina Mecurio
Bio: Catarina is Giuseppe's younger sister and she was trained by their late father along with her brother. However, she never cared for the brewery life and has taken to other interests in her life. She'll stand by her family though, and especially her brother if he needs any help from her. She spends most of her time working in the diner as a waitress, but she'll also grace the brewery now and again to work and to drink.
Looks: Catarina has vivid red hair that fall to her shoulders and light blue eyes. She stands at 5'5 had is usually seen in a 'fashionable' black dress.
Weapon: She keeps a dagger hidden in the sleeves of her dress. A woman can't be to careful.
Favorite drink: Se enjoys her Rogue Dark rum.
Reason of affiliation: (If not a Mecurio) [Do I still need the? XD]
Other: She never leaves a drink unfinished. It'd go against the family business.

Last edited by Wolfdra on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Ok. Just make your CC and We will start soon.

Dear family and friends, you all have been invited to the wake of Lorenzo Mercurio, father for few and server for many.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Excellent Now we begin

"We have all come to mourn the Loss of fellow friend and family member, Lorenzo Mecurio." Said the Priest as everyone looked on in grief, some eyes dry, some eyes streaming with tears. "We have acquired the will and it states that his only son, Giuseppe Mecurio, will acquire both the rights, and the ownership of the Mecurios Diner, and all business that resides with it. Giuseppe, would you care to give a word?" The said. Giuseppe nodded and got up, walking slowly towards the podium next to which his dead father was in. He chuckled a little as he got up. "All of you know my father very well so I will try to keep this short, but he was a great man none the less. He kept the hungry full, the thirsty quenched, and the lonely in good company. I will be sure to keep those traditions. Will change come? Yes. Will Troubles occur? Yes. But I assure you, that as long as the Mecurios are breathing, there will be a Mecurio Diner and there will be people willing to eat there. Cat, care to add a few words?"

(You can characterize Lorenzo a little, but if you need help don't be afraid to PM me)
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Ethan stood at the back of the room, knowing it was only the Mercurio family's place among the church pews. He was dressed in his Sunday best, holding his fedora with both hands over his stomach as he looked solemnly towards the casket at the front of the room. The man inside had given him his big break; had even seen fit to give him the money for a new Model T to help with his duties for the diner. Folks like that just don't come along every day.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Catarina walked up to the podium to stand beside her brother as she looked around at the room silently. She cleared her throat to finally speak. "My father was always kind to anyone that needed his help. He always went out of his way to do that. He treated alot of you like family, and he always treated his family with love." She took a moment and tried to force herself to not be choked up. When she felt her eyes starting to well up, she shook her head and stepped down, moving away from the podium to dry her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:05 pm

"As you can see, the death of good Lorenzo has everyone shaken up. Not even I will have a dry eye by the end of tonight. If anyone else has something to say, say it now." Giuseppe said and stepped off the stage back to his seat.
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 am

Ethan gripped his hat a little tighter before walking up to the podium. He opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it as he realized he didn't know what to say. He brought a fist up to his mouth and cleared his throat to try again. "I'm not the best person to speak about Mr. Mercurio, but I feel I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't say something." He said, trying to keep his southern accent under control. "He truly was a great man. He gave me an opportunity I probably wouldn't have been able to get anywhere else. He gave me a job, food, and darn near treating me like I was another son. I could never thank him enough for what he has done. I guess all I can do know is say goodbye and promise him I'll do my best to help keep his business open and try to pass along the favors."

With that, he quickly bowed his head to the Mercurio family and went to take his place again at the back of the room.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Many others had gotten up but only a few were important. Henry Garbaldi had worked with my dad for years as an accountant. Not only is he famed for keeping all transactions, legal or otherwise, in place but he is also one of the few Jews in the family business. It's not that my dad didn't like the Jews, he was just one of the few people who would actually help us, and he just so happen to be Jewish. We all joke about it but he knows we wouldn't do anything to offset Garbaldi, after all he had all the money. The next man was Giovanni Mecurio. He was not only the head chef of the Diner, but the the Bartender of the speakeasy He was also in charge of What drinks were sold and what drinks were bought. He looked very broken from the death of his brother. Police Officer MacNabb also came to the wake. He was the local law enforcement, but a few free shots let him take it easy. He was never one for Prohibition so it was an easy law for him to "Forget" easily. Finally There was Marcie Mecurio. She's married to Gio and is in charge of the traveling and the handling of the drinks and food for the diner. She made sure that no footprint was made and that every bottle was discarded with. Assisting her was her sister Nancy Fertuchi, She not only helped Marcie, but we also appointed her to be in charge of human security and safety, and if you saw they way she acted, you'd understand why. She was brutal no doubt, but it was a protective type of brutality. But during that wake, one of my drivers, Ethan, got me real interested. He seemed so outcast-ed, and he was one of my Father's favorite of his Figli, or the people he helped with the start of the speakeasy. This guy was no doubt good, Marcie couldn't even do a better job than this guy. But to be ostracized by the rest of the group, I wouldn't have it, so I figured I'd talk to the guy...

"Ethan, you look a little lonely back there, come have a seat." I told him.
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:02 am

Ethan didn't want to impose, but he also couldn't refuse an invitation. He made his way forward to take a seat near the others. He felt a little honored to be asked to sit up front, but at the same time he felt a bit out of place. It wasn't very often that he dealt with anyone other than Giovanni, Marcie, or Lorenzo himself. He dealt with Officer MacNabb on occasion, but it was usually when Ethan broke one law or another.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 pm

"I've heard fine stories of you workmanship. You deserve a seat. After all, you were one of my Dad's favorite. I bet you that if I wasn't around, he'd probably give the place to you. So I have to know, how did it all start?"
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:32 am

"Well, thank you, Giuseppe; but weren't you there? It wasn't but a few years ago." Ethan said. He'd started at the diner when he was about 18 or 19, and he'd just celebrated his 25th a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:03 am

"Yea true I do. I think it would make a great testimony though for la padre, last words for the crowd. What do you say?" I said with a smile
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:08 am

Ethan sighed and looked down at his hat as he wrung the brim in his fingers. He took a second to think carefully as he thought about his answer "I'm afraid I have to say no, sir. These people know all the good things Lorenzo did, and I've already shared my part. Besides that, I'm not very good at public speaking, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:19 am

"Okay Understandable." I said, Then I looked around the room, everyone either looked too upset to think or asleep. "Besides I think everyone is getting tired. The funeral is tomorrow and work starts Monday (Tomorrow is Saturday). Maybe it would be best to get some sleep." Giuseppe said getting up and stretching out "That's what I'm doing." He then motioned to Catarina "Come on Cat. We got a long day ahead of us tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:08 am

Well Well Well, due to the recent banning, I am afraid that I am going to have to kill off Wolfdra's character, or just shut down the project. I am leaning more towards shutting down the project because there will only be two people and to be honest, it doesn't look like anyone is going to join any time soon.

And the Man dies before he is even born.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Family Business   The Family Business Empty

Back to top Go down

The Family Business
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retaliation Forum :: Roleplays :: General Roleplays-
Jump to: