Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MTG: KT vs. Tri-O

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:39 am

Well the Only thing I know of are the new changes Zendikar bring to the table, Most of my knowledge is from the last set (Shards of Alara) which actually I made an RP for. I'll look it up though
Back to top Go down
Romanticide
New Kid
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Eh, my older brother knows quite a bit of the lore. I'll ask him later to see if he knows anything.

KT I WANT TO BATTLE YOU NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Very Happy We can just do turn based. Probably be too difficult to be online at the same time.
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:26 am

Well, that's a good point. It's not like these games go quickly on a forum, anyway. We can start next time you're online.
Back to top Go down
http://racefan105.deviantart.com
Romanticide
New Kid
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:29 am

Actually. We should wait until Wednesday because I'm leaving for Las Vegas in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:43 am

Oh. Well fine then! XP

Have fun in Vegas!
Back to top Go down
Romanticide
New Kid
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:12 am

==K.T.== wrote:
Well, I was kinda wondering about what's currently happening. I know that the Kor were nomads, and have come together to combat the Eldrazi, but that's about all I know.

*Channels Older Brother*
Hi. Right, well I might be answering way more than you wanted to know, but here goes.

Thousands of years ago, the Eldrazi came to Zendikar and basically turned the whole plane into their personal buffet. The Eldrazi arte colorless, super-powerful creatures that come from some place called the Blind Eternities. I guess that's a plane of pure mana or something. Anyways, the Eldrazi wreaked havok on Zendikar until they were put down by a trio of Planeswalkers. The Planeswalkers couldn't kill them, so instead they trapped the three Eldrazi who came to Zendikar. They did this by combining their Plansewalker powers and turning the entire plane of Zendikar into one giant prison for the Eldrazi. The trio were afraid the Eldrazi would show up elsewhere and keep destroying you see.

So, thousands of years have passed by, and life goes on. The many races of Zendikar forget about the Eldrazi, and in fact worship the Eldrazi. Whatever memory of the monsters that remains has been warped into deities you see. Certain races favor certain deities/Eldrazi and so on. The religions I don't know a lot about.

What's happening now is that the Eldrazi have been freed by one of the original three Planeswalkers who trapped them. Nicol Bolas, that dragon prick who seems to have his claws in everything. I don't know why, there's probably a book or comic that explains it. I don't know how anyone is going to stop or kill the Eldrazi, that's another thing I haven't read.

What I do know is that the native races of Zendikar are doing pretty much whatever they can to survive. Most are running like hell. The smart ones are trying to learn what they can to kill the Eldrazi, and the brave/stupid ones are banding together to fight honorably. They don't live long.

As for the Kor, yeah, they're a nomadic race who live off the land ( not an easy task actually) and are pretty tough folk. I don't believe the entire race has banded together against the Eldrazi though. They probably just fall into any of the three categories of people responding to the Eldrazi.

I like the Kor a lot myself. Besides being nomadic, they're culture revolves around hooks. They use them as tools and weapons, and they see the hook as a symbol of personal strength and unity. Pretty interesting peoples.

I find a lot of this information at the Magic website.

Magic Website
Back to top Go down
==K.T.==
Junior
Junior
==K.T.==

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Thank you. I've learned bits and pieces of that from the flavor text on the cards, like the Eldrazi being worshiped, but most of that is new to me.

It also makes sense that they would be seen as Gods, playing them in game is pretty much Godmodding. DX
Back to top Go down
Romanticide
New Kid
New Kid

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:18 am

I got my first Planes Walker at a tourney today. :] Placed 5th out of 9 players. Not that good, but it was my first time so that was exciting. Met some really cool people there, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Sweet deal. I got one of my decks at a private tornny. Its a draft deck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTG: KT vs. Tri-O   MTG: KT vs. Tri-O - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MTG: KT vs. Tri-O
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retaliation Forum :: Mage's Lounge :: Spam-
Jump to: