Retaliation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One group stands alone against an army of demons created by dark mages to wipe out the planet. And the story begins...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waves of Life

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:18 am

INTRODUCTION

Earth has a story. It was born out of nothing and was ruled by humans and other creatures, humans the most dominant. They have all made stories for themselves. The stories drop generation after generation without the smallest sign of change within them. Dinosaurs and a meteor, humans and wars, rising and falling of nations. "Stories" becomes another word for "Science" or "History.”

Now though in modern day, not many people get the chance to make their stories anymore. Not individuals, not in the least. Unless they do some great thing or some great achievement to become noticed, they blend into a crowd that is impossible to sift through for talent or greatness.

But there is a few people who wish to become known, and there are people who have minds that don't seem to belong here. They aren't even in that crowd of intangible people; they are stuck in a corner in the shadows where they aren't even seen. These people do not grow resentment from being left alone. Rather, they grow a foreboding sadness and loneliness. Yet, it never turns to hate.

They have a kindness for all people despite how others shun them. They grow a depression and just wish to be left alone after a while. They grow depressed and just wish for anything to get out of the hellhole they're in. After all, they have talent that isn't even achieving anything. What is the use, right?

Well, these people are about to find out. One day as they head home after daily activities, a man appears behind them, each in turn.

When one has been addressed by their name, he will say, "What is your story? Are you remaining on the same page, or are you turning them? Are you planning on closing the book and burning it?"

You turn around and face the man who you can't identify. You know you should be terrified, but you aren't. Something tells you he wants to help. You say nothing and he says, "Will your story continue? Answer me." He approaches you and you involuntarily take one step back.

In that one step, you seem to make the ground turn into a mass of swirling colors, colors you have never even seen before and colors that were so rich you could lose yourself in them. The swirling vortex reaches up into the air and makes a circular wall around you and your visitor.

"Tell me, what are you planning to do with your story, ____?" The man inquires to you. You look back at him and think about everything that you have gone through for the past few days, weeks, months, years. You want out, but is this man offering another way?

"I want to turn the page." You finally choke out. The man suddenly smiles genuinely and watches the wall turn into a green, leafy surrounding. A forest of some kind? You examine your surroundings to see that it's almost like a pop-up picture rather than reality.

The man says, "This is your story, and this is where the true build begins. You will gain friends and foes. You will reveal skills and abilities you did not know you have. You will lose and win battles physically and emotionally. You are about to go through the adventure that will define your life."

"This is your last chance to back out. You will spend a long time here, just so you know. Days, months or years." He suddenly states.

"What about my business/family/parents?" You ask him, depending on your situation.

"To them, it will be as if you've just gone on a vacation. It's all they will know."

You stare at him for several more moments before repeating, "I will turn the page. I won't close the book until I have to."

The man grins and motions to the wall. "Then go. Learn anew and find the answers to all you seek. Your current traumatic situation will be spread into several that you can handle at one time. This is an adventure as much as it is a meaning-of-life sort of thing. This is your story. Make it what you will."

You turn to the wall and stare at it, and touch it. It feels rubbery, but not solid. You suddenly feel a push and fall through it, and hit solid ground. You smell grass and hear birds. You look up to see the sun shining through the treetops and birds singing in the trees. A woodpecker pounding incessantly on bark, but oddly, no highway sounds. You see a break in the trees and go toward it quickly.

"Where am I?" You wonder as you reach what appears to be a savannah.

"You are in another world. Only a few other human inhabitants of your generation are here. You must find them and befriend them and make your journey with them. However, do not become too close; for when this journey is done, you may very well never see them again." The man's voice rings and fades.

And this is where your story begins.

The World of Wyrentaii
PRONUNCIATION – We’re-rein-tie

Wyrentaii is a world that has not been tainted with the effects of daily man. Several races live here, races that you did not know existed. There are Dorreins [door-eons], which seem to appear to be horses. However, they can breathe in water as well as on land and their skeletal features are much defined, even if they feed well. Dorreins live for double the life span of a horse.

Mijifio [Me-hif-ee-oh] are birds. They are all the same, there are no different species. They may be different colored, but that’s it. They are all about the size of hawks. The Mijifio really have no difference, except they have the characteristics of almost all birds, and they are vegetarians.

Every creature on Wyrentaii is a vegetarian. No one kills, nothing kills.

Only one thing kills.

Wyrentaii is at war with a race called the Gyrento [Jeer-en-toe]. The Gyrento are mass killers from a distant ocean that has been tainted with pollutants of past humans who came to the land and used their talents for evil. Several of those humans fell into the ocean of pollutants and became Gyrento. Gyrento are what appear to be hounds that stand on their back feet, but they don’t have muzzles or fur. Their bones are just positioned that way. Their skin is a pale yellow color and their hair always appears to be wet, and they have fangs. They use anything for weapons. They are deadly fast and they have an iron grip.

They want Wyrentaii. They want to destroy Wyrentaii. Gyrento hate to be tricked, even though they often deceive the humans of the planet. These humans call themselves Wyreians [We’re-ee-ans].

The Wyreians are vegetarians except one day of the 401-day year. They salvage meat of the animals they find and feast upon it on the first day of the New Year, the day they believe their planet came out of nothing. They have the same Christian God that Earth does. The number of the Wyreians has been decreasing dramatically since the rise of the Gyrento. They explain the Gyrento as newcomers who have rotting minds, and it rots their bodies. The Wyreians look exactly like us, except that some have special abilities.

Some can mix items that would normally explode, but make new substances – chemists. There are Mages that can control a separate area of magic per person. Healing, offensive, defensive, and supportive. Knights are the army. There are normally Seniors of separate towns who are around mid-age who lead all these forces, and they can normally access all the fields of battle—chemistry, magic, and weaponry.

The Gyrento are after the Seniors, mainly. They are trying to infiltrate each town, deceiving them. They are trying to kill them off to gain control of all the Wyreians. They’re trying everything they can to see Gyrento before they worm their way into the towns.

So. The Gyrento are past humans from our world. There are several other animalistic species on Wyrentaii just as there are here, just with several different characteristics and appearances.

The Wyreians are mainly like humans, only they have special attributes regarding their persona. The Wyreians have no surnames, either. They believe that in heart they are all related, and therefore there is no use for surnames. They can feel certain connections with those they are related with, which is how they mate without unintentionally pairing with a family member. The connections are almost the way that humans may have identical traits.

So, interspecies relationships are possible as well. There have been Gyrento that turn good and pair with a Wyreian, and there have been cases of past humans mating with a Wyreian and gaining attributes of their own afterward.

The humans come into a new world of opportunities and war, and as the man stated, they will have new problems that will solve their old ones in a roundabout way by giving them the courage and attitude and assertiveness to face them appropriately. What will happen to the humans? What will happen to you? It’s your decision in this new wave of life that you’ve been thrown into, the waves of life radiating from this planet called Wyrentaii.

RULES
• Regular forum gym rules. Don’t make me hyperlink it.
• I’m not going to put every rule on here, everyone should know them by now. The only main ones I enforce are no Mary-Sues or anything of the like, no Godmodding and no script writing. This means I want good grammar and nothing less.

A bad example would be ‘jason went outside and sighed. “its a pretty day.”’
A good example would be ‘Jason walked outside and looked around at the scenery and sighed, breathing in the nice and clean fresh air. “It’s a beautiful day.”’

o GIVE ME A BIOGRAPHY. NOT A ‘will be explained later’. 2 sentences MINIMUM.
 This is what I want for the information of your HUMAN characters:
Name:
Looks:
Bio:
View of Wyrentaii:
Weapon[s]:
Other:
 This is what I want for the information of your WYREIAN characters:
Name:
Looks:
Bio:
Attribute:
Weapon[s]:
Other:
 This is what I want for the information of your GYRENTO characters:
Name:
Bio:
Weapon:
Other:

In the GYRENTO biography I want a description of how they came to be a Gyrento in the first place. The majority of Gyrento are evil, but a small few can be good.

If anyone thinks that I need to include anything else, let me know!

Final Note: I am not a strict person. I am a very nice RPer and normally very lenient until you get on my nerves. I allow three strikes. Once that’s done and over with, you are out. No questions. If you have questions about the RP, place them in the Companion Thread.

ALSO, GYRENTO LOOK SOMEWHAT LIKE THIS:

Yes, it’s from Harry Potter. XD Lupin pwnage. I’m not requiring a picture just for that specific reason. If you can find a picture like that, then by all means, post it. :3

My Characters

Name: Jared Toll
Looks: Jared
Bio: A man who runs a small auto-shop, but is deep in debt. His wife left him a year before and took their 3-year old son with her. He is living off the government and all of his workers are quitting on him. He is giving up on just about everything by now. Vespera is his cousin but they don’t see each other that often at all and he has never shown much of an interest in his family, he says they slow him down more so than he already is.
View of Wyrentaii: A getaway/vacation.
Weapon[s]: Hammer. [So cliché.]
Other: He recycles.

Name: Vespera Tune
Looks: Vespera
Bio: Name literally means “Evening Star’s Tune.” She simply loves life, but recently her rather abusive boyfriend broke up with her and she lost her job at a local restaurant. Her parents are filing for divorce and thinking about minimally putting her into a foster home rather than one or the other taking custody. Her normally A-B average grades have slipped to a C-D average. She loves to sing, but that interest has been dying. She is Jared’s cousin.
View of Wyrentaii: A new start and solution.
Weapon[s]: A sedated-tip blade.
Other: She loves to sing.

Name: Tabbitha
Looks: Tabbitha
Bio: She loves plants and she loves life. She is a mage and she has a brother who is the same, but he disappeared a while before. She travels on her own as a seemingly “Gyrento Hunter” even though she seems very gentle. She is capable of using a rapier. Though she attacks Gyrento and stuns them, she never kills them and doesn’t plan to, either.
Attribute: Mage – Defensive Magic
Weapon[s]: Rapier.
Other: She hates killing.

Name: Gerald None
Bio: He came to Wyrentaii after trying to commit suicide 2+ times back on earth. He tried to at Wyrentaii without a second thought by drowning himself in what is called the Ocean of Pollutants now. He instead became a Gyrento and came to resent Wyreians after being led to believe they caused the immense pollution. He blames them for his current state.
Weapon: Anything.
Other: Tries to lure humans/Wyreians to the Ocean of Pollutants to make them suffer.

---

Once everyone else posts their characters, I will make my opening post again [it won't be changed from what it was on the other forum] and we can begin!
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:28 am

Name: Tinork
Looks: He is a very pale character with a slighty bulky build and with dark hair and eyes. He is neither tall nor short but mid sized. He has two small scars, one on each side of the lip.
Bio: He is a man of very little history. He leads as a Priest in the nearest church but when under attack he knows how to defend himself.
Attribute: Supportive Magic
Weapon[s]: None
Other: -
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:15 am

Name: Mot
Bio: Mot is a friend of Sacra and has made himself more or less her guardian. They were both mages like their parents were, but he took to an offensive attribute while Sara took a supportive attribute. He’s usually found in his house [hut/thing/whatever] working on making new spells for the Wyreians to improve the magic, but most don’t work out. He’s protective of Sacra to the point of making ‘decisions’ for her that would be in her best interest. She’s been known to go against it though, and in the process get in trouble just to have him get her out again.
Looks: Mot
Attribute: Mage - Offensive
Weapon: Bow and arrows, like in the picture.
Love Interest: Eh. |:
Other: He’s a skilled mark, but he hopes to never have to use it.

Name: Sacra
Bio: Sacra is a young and adventurous Wyreian. She loves to explore the lands around the town where she and Mot live in, and often gets in trouble with him. She spends a lot of her time with the animals, and usually hides from most Gyrento that come across her. Most of the time it doesn’t always work though.
Looks: Sacra
Attribute: Mage - Supportive
Weapon: Rapier
Love Interest: Shoopuf Paperweight
Other: She’s not all that good at fighting. She had a brother, but he left and never returned.

Name: Victoria Darilan
Bio: Victoria was an aspiring young writer before her parents kicked her out because of her boyfriend. He had gone into the wrong crowd and when she went to his house to ask him to move in, she saw him with another girl. Her grades have been devastated and her writing has changed greatly from what it once was.
Looks: Victoria
View of Wyrentaii: She thinks it’ll be better than Earth.
Weapon[s]: A Swiss knife she keeps hidden in her pocket.
Love Interest: …
Other: She still writes, it very rare though. She also loves faux furs. She calls Wyrentaii the “second Narnia.”

Name: Mentiyri
Bio: Mentiyri is Sacra’s brother that left to go to another village one night. He was attacked however by a Gyrento and dragged to the Ocean of Pollutants and was tossed in. He changed his name to Mentiyri from Illum but has kept watch over Sacra if he finds her in her trips through the forests.
Weapons: He keeps his rapier that he had from when he was a Wyreian.
Other: He kills most other Wyreians if he gets the chance.

[I'll probably be reworking the bios out of BOREDOM in the near future, so keep an eye on this. >3)

----

EDIT: New charrie~

Name: Susan Cleveland
Looks: Susan
Bio: A woman that is unnaturally involved with drugs, alcohol, and anything else she can get a high from. Her parents looked down on her actions and kicked her out of the house, hoping it would drive her away from it. It only fueled it more, as she was given an easier access to get whatever she wanted. She can never hold down any job though, and she has had to go through darker channels to get the money. She’s been left with no way out, but in honesty, she doesn’t seem to mind, or care all that much.
View of Wyrentaii: She doesn’t think it serves a purpose.
Weapon[s]: Eh… probably nothing.
Other: ~

Last edited by Wolfdra on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Night Angel
New Kid
New Kid

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:15 am

Name: Sean Wright
Looks: https://2img.net/h/i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/shihono/a.jpg
Bio: A boy who has endured many things and is at a crossroads everyday. His year-old relationship, aspiration to be a manga-ka, and other thoughts causes many mental confusions daily. These constant windows of opportunity opening and closing around him have caused him to become numb and assume faces just to get by. He relies only on himself, leaves no debts, and protects people he forms friendships with. Rather than placing the blame on others, he endures misfortune and hardship by reflecting on what he could have improved on. In the end, he would rather rely on himself than place hope on others. His detached personality will give him the ability to kill without hesitation.
View of Wyrentaii: A new world of adventure
Weapon[s]: To Be Gained
Other: He has developed a persona that allows him to sacrifice himself for others if the situation becomes necessary, even to extremes (Please search "Servant of Evil" on Youtube for an example of extremes). He is also skilled at parkour.
Personal Quote: "The less I feel, the easier it is to live"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:08 pm

(:DDDDD)

[Raiken, you can have the speed change if you switch out the sacrificing part for it. (: ]

It began with a reflection in a mirror for Jared Toll. A clock was chiming in another room of his small building for his auto-business. 4:00. He was off work. Well, actually, no... His acolytes were. He hardly had any left. Jared looked up at the mirror with his head bowed, and realized just how exhausted he looked. His normally neatly combed ear-length black hair was tussled in a few places. He looked down at the sink he stood in front of and wet his hand, and tried to flatten a few strands. There were circles under his dark brown eyes.

He just looked completely wasted, to be honest. It wasn't a good business image. He straightened up and tipped his chin, trying for a look of dignity. He received a look of forced superiority. Ugh... maybe I'll just head straight home today... we didn't have one d.amn customer as it is anyway. He rubbed the back of his head. Thoughtfully, he paced out of the room and saw a few of his employees walking out. He waved a hand in farewell, received nothing in return. They aren't getting paid. I don't blame them. He'd have to start pulling money out of his own pocket. Too bad the only things in his pockets were pennies, a few keys, a phone, and a pack of gum.

And a picture.

He shook his head quickly. Just... don't... He turned into a small office and began to pack things up, forcing a song into his head to keep other unwelcome voices from intruding his solitude. The solitude he wanted and needed. As soon as everything was packed up, he swung his briefcase from side to side. He walked out of the office and to his car, and so began the long drive home. His mind wandered off into the red of each spotlight and to the yellow lines on the road as he drove onward, but managed to keep other drivers from becoming mad at him. It was a daily routine, a practice, a normal habit.

A cough from a cold he was trying to take escaped him, and he moved a hand off the wheel to cover his mouth. He pulled into his driveway and opened the garage with a small remote he kept in his glove box. He pulled it inside and got out of the car, shutting the door in slight frustration as he recalled his day. Two workers quit, no customers, sore attitudes toward him in every direction he turned. Calls from other workers who were refusing to come in until they were paid, bills stacked up in his mailbox in the morning, and even more that he checked it again. He walked up onto the porch toward the door, and heard a voice ask gruffly from behind him:

"Jared Toll."

Half shocked and half impassive, Jared turned around to face a man who looked to be in his upper 40's faced him. Black sunglasses and a pale complexion made a scar on the side of his face prominent. He wore a burgundy red trench coat and under that was a pair of beige jeans and a black shirt. He had dark hair that was graying in a few areas. He continued in the same voice, "What is your story? Are you remaining on the same page, or are you turning them? Are you planning on closing the book and burning it?"

...What? Jared stared at him in total confusion as he stepped closer to him. As if they were triggered, memories passed through his mind. He could hear a baby crying and a woman's accusing, hysteric shouts in his ears as a door slammed and a car revved up. He flinched along with it. It faded out and there was a phone ringing, him answering it. A man telling him how much debt he was in. The day his workers began to quit.

"Will your story continue? Answer me." The man was in front of him now. Jared took a step away from him.

Suddenly lights overtook the whole area, forming an orb around them. Colors swirled about and hid everything. In trepidation now, and amazement, Jared made a complete circle. Everywhere he turned he saw colors twisting and turning and dazing him. He turned to the man once more, who had calmly taken one step backward to give him some space. "Tell me, what are you planning to do with your story, Jared?"

Jared stared and took a deep breath, taking everything in. The colors were pretty dark, residing in dark blues, reds, indigos, and etcetera. It reminded him of how he'd been feeling the past year or so: in a void. As if it had been in his mind all along, it hit him like an equation he suddenly understood in a math classroom. The 'story' this man was mentioning was equivalent to his life.

"I want to turn the page." He choked out. Of course he wanted to 'turn the page.'

The man smiled very genuinely. The colors all gathered together and began to form pictures. In confusion Jared took another circle to see a forest appearing around him. It looked like a computer animation. He looked back at the man questioningly. He spoke, "This is your story, and this is where the true build begins. You will gain friends and foes. You will reveal skills and abilities you did not know you have. You will lose and win battles physically and emotionally. You are about to go through the adventure that will define your life." He paused, let Jared take it in; continued once more, "This is your last chance to back out. You will spend a long time here, just so you know... days, months... or years."

"What about my business?" Jared asked immediately, dumbfounded.

"To them, it will be as if you've gone on a vacation."

Jared stared at him, and at the leafy green surroundings. "...I will turn the page... I won't close the book until I have to." It was like it was rehearsed. The words flowed out of his mouth instinctively. The man grinned and motioned toward the wall with one hand.

"Then go, and learn anew. Find all the answers to what you seek. Your current traumatic situation will be spread into several that you can handle at one time. This is an adventure as much as it is a meaning-of-life sort of thing. This is your story—make it what you will."

Jared's hand went out to the wall, touching it gently. It felt like rubber against his fingertips. He pressed it and his finger went through it. Slightly alarmed, Jared began to back up. All of a sudden, he felt a shove. He fell through the barrier and fell a few feet, and hit solid ground. "Wh-wh..."

He heard a tapping, the tap of a woodpecker. He sat up, cross-legged, like a child. He looked around and heard the chirping of birds. There were no nearby cars or anything that reminded him of a modern life. There was no trail where he sat or anything. He did, however, see a break in the trees. "Where am I?" He asked himself as he stood, and went toward it.

He saw a huge field. His jaw dropped as he looked around a meadow full of nothing but plant life. The sun above him shined brilliantly and nearly blinded him. He heard a voice, but saw no one: "You are in another world. This is called Wyrentaii." He paused for the effect. Jared blinked, repeating the word to himself in a whisper. "Only a few other human inhabitants of your generation are here. You must find them and befriend them and make your journey with them. However... do not become too close. For when this journey is done, you may very well never see them again." The voice echoed and faded.

Wyrentaii.

---

4:14. Vespera Tune listened to her iPod as she walked home from school, the autumn sun shining down on her. She stopped at a highway and saw nothing coming, began to go forward. A car she hadn't spotted came to a screeching halt. A violent series of honks made her shout, turn her head, pull her earphones out. Yelling a meek apology, she raced across the highway and watched the man inside the car make a rude gesture and continue on.

She rolled her eyes and began to run the final block to her house. It didn't take long, but it was long enough to beat herself mentally over how stupid it was she didn't see the car. How she'd been stupid with her boyfriend and how she was stupid at school and how stupid she was around her parents. How tense it was. How low her grades were. The only class she had an A in was physical education.

She reached her house. She set toward the door, and held her hand out to take the knob, but a voice made her stop. "Vespera Tune." She turned toward a man in his late 40s. He looked familiar for some reason she couldn't comprehend. She'd never seen him in her life. "What is your story? Are you remaining on the same page, or are you turning them? Are you planning on closing the book and burning it?"

She'd heard weird phrases by writers about life being compared to books and stories. Poets, writers, songwriters. She tilted her head. What was he implying? "Will your story continue? Answer me." He stated, and took a step toward her. She took a step away, thinking he looked hostile. Colors overtook her vision as she stared around a cylinder surrounding her and him. "What are you planning to do with your story, Vespera?" He asked, becoming impatient now.

Vespera wasn't even thinking: "I want to turn the page." It was rehearsed, she was sure. Like a song. She couldn't fathom how it was so, but she knew it was.

The man smiled. He motioned around as the colors gathered and became a pop-up picture of some sort, a forest. Vespera looked at them in wonder.

"This is your story, and this is where the true build begins. You will gain friends and foes. You will reveal skills and abilities you did not know you have. You will lose and win battles physically and emotionally. You are about to go through the adventure that will define your life. This is your last chance to back out. You will spend a long time here, just so you know. Days, months or years." He suddenly stated in one long breath.

"...But what about my family and my... parents?" Vespera trailed off, the divorce papers appearing in a picture in her mind. The man shook his head.

"They'll think you're on a field trip. It's all they'll know."

Vespera stared at him and said meekly, "I will turn the page. I won't close the book until I... have to."

The man grinned. He walked over to her and set a hand on her shoulder, turning her to the wall. Vespera reached a finger out and touched it in wonder, surprised at the jelly-like feel. A hard shove in the back sent her into the wall and through it. A voice called after her, "Go. Learn anew and find the answers to all you seek. Your current traumatic situation will be spread into several that you can handle at one time. This is an adventure as much as it is a meaning-of-life sort of thing. This is your story. Make it what you will."

The sounds and scents and sights of nature overtook her senses all at once. She was in a forest that was shaded by nothing. Light surrounded her and the trees. The sounds of life at work continued to sound. She walked forward and through the trees and spotted a field. She went toward it and saw plants and a few animals that didn't look like any animal she knew of. "Where am I?" She muttered in wonder.

"You're in another world. Only a few other human inhabitants of your generation are here. You must find them and befriend them and make your journey with them. However... do not become too close; for when this journey is done, you may very well never see them again." The man's voice said as a farewell, and faded. A word appeared in her mind, still with the man's voice: "Wyrentaii."

---

A young Wyreian with long, brown hair was walking through a forest with a small rapier at her hip, her fingertips touching the hilt. Tabbitha brushed her other hand along her hair, pushing it behind her ear. She smoothed down her shirt that was fashioned to stand out rather than blend in. She waited quietly, her eyes closed, relying on only her hearing. Her hand tightened around the handle of the blade as she heard a step come toward her from the side. She opened her left eye and looked toward the sky.

She heard air whoosh and drew her blade, swinging it through the air. Metal hit flesh and sent a Gyrento sprawling into the mud. It stood and hissed, "You're mistaken to take me on, Wyreian!"

"What are you called?" Tabbitha called calmly, smoothing her hair behind her ear again as she pointed her blade dismissively at the Gyrento.

"Gerald None! None as in none living at my hands!" The Gyrento retorted, flexing the claws on his hands and lunging toward her like a hound. Tabbitha let out a war cry and ducked forward, under him, and stabbed her blade upward. Gerald let out a long cry as the rapier pierced his thigh and fell on his feet, balancing himself on all four as he crept toward her.

She stabbed her sword into the ground and brought her fingertips along the steel, a light red glow coming with it. The Gyrento snarled at her and ran at her. Tabbitha tore it from the ground and slammed the blunt side into Gerald's head, sending him into the ground, dazed. She stabbed him in his hind leg so he wouldn't get far. "I am a Hunter and a Supportive Mage." She said to him. "And you won't get far from here." She said. She turned and raced away as Gerald snarled and struggled to his feet. He began to go in the opposite direction.

[Exact same as last time. If you don't want to read through it, you don't have to. XD]
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Victoria Darilan was sitting at a bus stop, staring down at a notebook that had words written on the pages at 4:18. It was a mess, to put it kindly. None of lines in it made sense with anything else in it; not to mention her own hand-writing was terrible. Her face looked so drained to any passerby. Her rich black hair, which had always shone in the sun, had dulled as the times of her turmoil befell her. Her bangs fell around her light blue eyes as they canvased the pages of her notebook, her pale white hands gripped it with unneeded pressure. Under her heavy coat, she had a thin and simple black shirt that was strapless one her right side and resembled something like a tanktop on the other side. She had a pair of light blue jeans as well. She let out a deep sigh. The bus still hadn't come for over an hour. It was supposed to only be a five minute wait.

She stood and tossed the notebook carelessly into a nearby trash bin and started to walk the long trek back to her tiny apartment that she called "home." She pulled her coat closer around her shivering body and dug through her pockets. She found her iPod, but saw that it was drained of the battery. 'Great. I guess iPods really do become like their owners.' She thought to herself, letting it fall back into the confines of her pocket. What else could go wrong today? She often asked it as a trick question to herself. She'd come to learn that many things could go wrong in one single day.

Victoria stared down at her feet as she walked, letting her inner thoughts consume her. They wandered from one thing to the next. Her parents betraying her because of the one she had loved, her now ex-boyfriend cuddling and holding another woman. Her failing grades in school and her writing, her livelihood. She cringed inwardly and bit her lip.

Failure. It was the only word to describe her now. Not talented, beautiful, intelligent. She was a reject. Of her parents, of her boyfriend, of her life. She let out a shaky breath and crossed a sidewalk, but a biker almost crashed into her. He skid to a stop before he rammed into her where she stood, cemented to the spot like a deer caught in headlights. He got off of his bike and went towards Victoria, to see if she was okay, but she finally bolted, running as fast as she could.

'I'm even trouble to strangers that I get in the way of!' She thought quickly, shaking her head to herself. 'How can I be this stupid!?' She asked herself, not slowing down even for a second. 'This is exactly why they got rid of me! Why Jamie chose someone else!' She felt tears threaten to stream down her cheeks but she victoriously blinked them back. 'That and the fact that I'm so pathetic...'

She finally slowed down as she entered her apartment complex that housed her. She walked past buildings that had large printed numbers on them with the unit numbers the building held below it, ignoring every soul that she passed, not that they paid all that much attention to her. She went to her building. It held three stories; her apartment was on the bottom floor, quite the ironic symbol of where her life was. At the bottom of everything. She walked towards her apartment and stood in front of her door, staring at her unit number.

R 103.

She sighed heavily and rested her forehead against the cold paint of the door. 'Why even come back?' There wasn't anything here for her. No family, no boyfriend. Nothing. She knew none of her neighbors and none of them knew her. She had made it a point to keep it that way. Besides, what could they hope to understand about her? She suddenly slammed her fists against the door, not seeming to mind the pain that now ached through her hands. "Why do this to me!? What did I do!?" She screamed, not caring who exactly heard her at the moment. The ducks in the fountain behind her scattered to the sky when she shouted out, flapping their wings loudly. "I did nothing to deserve this! Nothing..." She trailed off into a quiet mumble and rested her forehead against her door again, closing her eyes while trying to keep from crying again.

---

Mot was in his hut, staring quietly at a wall. His oceanic blue and green eyes had spotted a book that was on a small pedestal beside his chair and sighed. He had his muted green shoulder armor strapped onto his left shoulder, with a pale cream tunic under that. For his leggings, he had a simple black silken pants. His most outstanding feature, however, was his striking white hair, it was uncommon for one of his age. He was only 17. He took the book and skimmed through it for what must have been the fourth time in the last five minutes. "Nothing's here." He muttered to himself and sighed. He put the book back onto the pedestal and stood, going out of his hut.

He went through the village and talked with the other Wyreians, looking for Sacra. She had been his "charge" ever since Illum had left. Illum was Sacra's older brother, and Mot's good friend. If it was within Mot's power, he would do anything for that girl. He knocked on the doors of the surrounding huts and asked for her, but they all turned him away, stating they hadn't seen her. He frowned and went towards a villager. He looked to be well built, dirt brown hair, with a red tunic and black leggings. It wasn't something he was accustomed too. "Sir?" He asked him, looking up at him. The male Wyreian looked down at him, towering over him and most others in the village.

"Yes, what is it you need, son?" He asked Mot, his umber hair shining in the soft sunlight. Mot frowned slightly.

"Have you seen Sacra?" he asked. "She's about this tall," he held his hand to half way up his upper arm, which was about 5 feet, "and she has blonde hair. A happy smile on her face?" he asked hopefully.

The taller Wyreian shook his head. "No, I'm afraid I haven't seen her at all. Sorry I can't be of more help to you." Mot frowned and sighed.

"It's alright, thank you anyway." With that, Mot walked off and went to the edge of the forest, looking out at the trees. 'Sacra, I hope you aren't in any kind of trouble out there...'

---

Sacra was walking happily through the forest, smiling at the Dorriens and the Mijifio that she passed by. Her sandy yellow hair, which was held up but a small clip at the left side of her head, bobbed with her steps. She was at peace here. She was wearing a thin green dress that only reached the start of her leg line, but she had on small shorts under it. It was one of her favorite outfits to go in when she was out in the forest. She had on a black traveling cloak that had been tinted with blues through-out the fabric. She ran her hands along the trucks of trees as she passed them, humming to herself as she went. She didn't hear any Gyrento near by, which made this one of the happiest trips she had through the forest.

Well, truthfully, one of many. It was as if she had been born in the forest instead of the small village where she made her home. She heard a Mijifio above her and looked up just as it flew overhead of her. She smiled and ran after it, following it through the trees, not caring where it led her too. There was finally a break, and as she emerged from the forest, she found a meadow she had never explored or seen before. She smiled and looked it over, being able to see everything from where she was.

But her pale green eyes rested on one spot. There was someone with strange clothes standing at the edge of it, just like she was. He didn't look exactly like a Wyreian, but he didn't look anywhere near a Gyrento. She bit her lip and looked back at the forest before looking back to the spot where he was. 'Maybe I'll just go for a peek. He won't spot me.' She went towards him, ducking into the tall grasses of the meadow.

---

Mentiyri walked through the forest quietly, head hung low as it physically could be. His skin felt loose, he would never grow accustomed to the body that he had been given. He never wanted too. However, with time, he knew that it would just come... naturally. He was sickened by the mere thought of it. It would drive him insane. He felt his claws dig unmercifully into the soil, tearing through thin roots and other life that was under them. This thing, this being he was forced to be-he wouldn't which it on his worst enemy. Being a Gyrento was killing him bit by bit every day. He was suddenly drawn from his thoughts by a pang in his stomach; he hadn't realized how hungry he was. He hadn't seen any Wyreians in the forests that day and had spotted only a few Gyrento. He spotted a Dorrien ahead of him, it being unaware of his presence. He lowered his body, and slowly went towards it, as quietly as any predator.

He suddenly jumped and sank his claws into the ribs of the Dorrein, grasping what little flesh there was to take. It shrieked and tried to throw him off but he snapped his jaws over the neck of the Dorrein, lashing his head to break it. It fell with a loud thud and he stood, towering over the now dead beast. He looked around and growled quietly.

'I never deserved this. I did nothing to gain this. I can't even go back to Sacra.' His gaze averted to the ground. 'Or to...' He growled at himself and looked back at the Dorrein. "You would've died eventually," he muttered to himself and started to rip off the meat from it's bones.

[I edited alot of parts. If any of you wants to read through it, go right ahead, but it's fine if you don't. XP]
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Location : Like an impatient breeder, I'm just waiting for this forum to do something.

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Tinork sat in his sanctuary, where he lived. It was a simple room with four walls, a holy book, and a place for his clothes. He kneeled over his bed and prayed.

"Oh God of all, God of everything. I pray to you that our new threat will be diminished in the way that brings you praise and glory. May this great force in which you provide wipe away the enemy that is here. You provide for us all and you alone can stop us. I pray to you"

After saying this he got up. He switched out of his sleeping atire, which consisted of short thin pants and a white shirt, and switched into his priest robes. Priest robes were usually big and white, unless it was the hot season which then they would be slightly shorter and thinner, with red rope to tighten or loosen the robe. It was a modest outfit but a mandatory outfit none the less. His sanctuary was actually a basement so he walked up the stairs which lead him in to the worship room. This room is where his altar is kept and where service was held. There was no service today but there were things that had to be done. For one thing he. Had to go grocery shopping so he walked down the simple isles of seats and proceeded to go to the nearest market.

This market was like most street markets, you picked the food, you paid the price, and then you went home. Being a priest though he got a discount on prices and all the merchants greeted him as family. He was a very popular guy to be around. Everybody loved Tinork. His shopping was soon done though so he returned to the church. He then thought to himself what he should do next
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:46 pm

[Wow, I'm impressed with everyone ;D ]

[Now redoing all the posts from here on out.]

Jared did his best to ignore the fear that should have been engulfing him at this point. He was in an entirely different world, as far as he knew... shouldn't he have felt some repidation? Bemused, he began to walk out into the meadow. The trees were sinuous, the trunks of them almost always covered by foliage. He looked at a bush next to him, berries all over it, and abstained. He didn't know what any of this stuff was. Chagrined, his mood became morose with each passing second as he stumbled around in tenacity. He wondered if this was what Earth would have looked like in her primordial days.

Vaguely he wondered if he was dreaming. He became conscious of eyes upon his back, and ever so slowly looked over his shoulder. A yelp of surprise escaped him at the creature approaching him, and he blundered back. The deplorable horse-like creature let out a neigh of dismay and sped beside him, stopping and snorting. Jared stared in shock at the ribs aimed outward so prominently. Its obsidian eyes regarded him with curiosity, and Jared felt as if he were trespassing on forbidden property. He began to back away from the deformed horse, but it neighed once again and nudged his shoulder with its head. It couldn't have been that old. Its skin still had fur, but it felt unnaturally smooth. Jared, more out of instinct than desire, reached a hand and placed it on the horse's forehead. It snorted in delight and nudged him roughly, and the unexpected force sent him sprawling into the ground.

Injudicious, he began to grow warm toward this poor creature. It would seem moot to just walk away. "I don't have anything to eat." He told it. The horse suddenly neighed with extensive volume and took off, toward some bushes. Jared watched in bewilderment as he noticed an odd contour—another animal? He frowned. Again, against his better judgment, he began to follow the horse.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" He asked sheepishly, hoping he wasn't talking to a plant.

---

Vespera sat down, feet splayed. Speculating her position, she looked around. It seemed so beautiful here! Flippantly, she jumped up and twirled into a circle, looking up at the sky now. Inadvertently, she stumbled into a tree and stared at it. She suddenly let out a laugh—the force had let her know it wasn't a dream! Her voice escaped her before she could stop it, singing a melody she knew but didn't remember the name of. She began to walk forward, a new bounce in her gait that hadn't been there previously. She heard flapping and looked into a tree to see a bird, and tilted her head inquisitively.

Continuing to walk, the song gradually became a hum rather than a ballad of voice. She looked around thoughtfully, tapping her chin with her index finger. She weaved through trees aimlessly, and a pang of hunger made itself known. Blinking, she looked down at her stomach. She didn't know what was edible here. The first tint of discomfort registered, and she wondered what would happen if she had to fend for herself.

The man had said she'd meet other people though... but not how long it would take to meet them... she began to search for a trail, happy to have an incentive.

---

Tabbitha made it back to the main camp, her sword still stained with some blood despite how she had cleaned it on the grass and in a puddle from an earlier rain. Everyone knew not to use a stream to clean off blood. Only the Gyrento did that—disrespectul cretins!—and even then the stream was able to purify itself. If everyone cleaned their swords in a stream, the water would become unbearable.

It might become like the ocean of pollutants.

She reached a small clearing, only about big enough to take a few steps in. She saw a wall with a mini-waterfall trickling into a small stream. Stressing her gaze, she saw it widen into the trees further on. She knelt down and cupped her hands into it, bringing it to her mouth and drinking it gratefully. She realized she had strayed from the camp again, and frowned to herself. Her feet had led her here after such a long time... she bit her lip.

The last time she had been here, it had been with him... She closed her eyes and took her belt off that held her blade, and dropped it. She clung a hand to the rock for a handhold and began to climb it expertly, having done it so many times before. She made it to the top, as if it were a mini-plateau, and turned to sit on the edge. Here she had a view of the village. She could see smoke rising into the air, but it was white. She smiled to herself. Food was being cooked. She took a breath to herself and shoved herself from the top, falling several yards before landing in a crouching position, her hair flipping into her face. She brushed it back and lifted her sword, walking away. She felt rather uplifted than depressed after being back here. Curiosity touched her mind as she wondered about Sacra and Mot. With this incentive in mind, she went to a jog and reached the village in a short time. She could see Mot clearly from his hair, and began to pace to him quickly.

"Mot!" She called in greeting. She reached him and frowned. "Is something wrong?"

---

Gerald unleashed a snarl as he stumbled to a stream. He jumped in, letting the cool water chill him. His blood stained the water, and he watched in just a slight sense of satisfaction. Let the Wyreians drink this taint. He remained where he was for a long time until the blood stopped flowing and the wounds were numb. He flexed, and it let out a new streak of blood. It ended shortly, and he clambered out of the stream. He began to walk. He smelled blood—Dorrein blood—with his highly advanced scent now. He leered and began to run, going toward it.

Upon reaching it, he saw Mentiyri. He snarled in dismay upon seeing the kill was taken. He had hoped it had just been wounded or something. Hunger was upon him now. He had been going to have that female Wyreian... he shook his head, snorting. He remained where he was for several moments.

---

"Victoria Darilan," a voice said gently. The middle-aged man stood behind her now, a genuine expression on his face, had it not been for some glasses in the way of his eyes. He crossed his arms, watching her; contemplating.
Back to top Go down
Night Angel
New Kid
New Kid

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:09 am

ooc: Darn, that trait's way too key to my character, lol.

ic:

Sean sat at his desk with a pencil in hand, trying to draw another page of his manga ideas. He sighed as he completed the line and looked at the picture, already seeing the flaws that would be spotted by many others. He crumpled up the page and tossed it into the trash can behind him.

"Man, things have definitely been going downhill this week. My too-young-to-care-about-her-students of a teacher just gave back our first essay with a D+ on mine. A C+ on my philosophy paper. And too add on to that it seems I can't even get a good idea anymore."

Sean picked up his cellphone, looking at the time and any notifications. Nothing. His girlfriend hadn't called or texted if she was on campus yet. Course that means he would still only have a few minutes or hours more to himself before she came. With a sigh he sat back in his chair, looking up at the empty ceiling.

"What in the world am I doing? I don't even know anymore."

"Sean Wright."

"Huh?"

Sean quickly sprung to his feet and turned around him. In front of him was a man, probably in his 40s, looking back.

""What is your story? Are you remaining on the same page, or are you turning them? Are you planning on closing the book and burning it?"

"Tch, that doesn't sound like a bad idea..."

As if the man sensed his thoughts he took a step forward with a disgruntled face. Sean took a step back with his right foot, clenching his right first.

"Will your story continue? Answer me."

Sean looked down as suddenly the scenery changed, his afternoon clouded sky-lit down room becoming filled with multiple colors like a wall. Sean looked around rapidly in surprise.

"W-What is this?"

"Tell me, what are you planning to do with your story, Sean Wright?"

I began to think about the depressing things, the hope-breaking things, the things that many would break from. But me, I take it all in without a word. I'm not one to voice my pain. I suffer alone.

"You're talking about my life as if it's some cheap storybook. Alright, I'm going to turn the page then."

As if on response to my words the scenery changed once again. A forest appeared around me like I had suddenly landed in it.

"This is your story, and this is where the true build begins. You will gain friends and foes. You will reveal skills and abilities you did not know you have. You will lose and win battles physically and emotionally. You are about to go through the adventure that will define your life. This is your last chance to back out. You will spend a long time here, just so you know. Days, months or years."

"And what about the people I'm close to."

"To them, it will be as if you've just gone on a vacation. It's all they will know."

"Tch, if I had that kind of excuse I could get out of a lot of things. But with all that's happening I'll just have to go with it."

"I'm not backing away from this. No matter how long it takes I will forge my own path."

"Then go. Learn anew and find the answers to all you seek. Your current traumatic situation will be spread into several that you can handle at one time. This is an adventure as much as it is a meaning-of-life sort of thing. This is your story. Make it what you will."

"What I will. What am I, some main character in a video game?"

Sean took a couple of steps back and accidentally tripped, falling through the wall that suddenly popped like a bubble. With that he fell onto grass, the forest encapsulating his sight, the colored wall vanishing.

"Where...am I?"

"You are in another world. Wyrentaii. Only a few other human inhabitants of your generation are here. You must find them and befriend them and make your journey with them. However, do not become too close; for when this journey is done, you may very well never see them again."

"Others? Alright then."

Sean got to his feet, looking around at the scenery, "Just what have I gotten myself into?"

"Guess the best thing to do first is figure out where these other humans are. I have a feeling that I'm gonna be in trouble if I don't adapt fast."

Sean looked at his hands, now covered in black leather gloves. He reached down and picked up a small rock

"The first thing I should find is a weapon. Maybe a singe-handed sword."

Sean sighed as he figured no one would have left a sword lying around in the forest.

"I guess I'm going to get anywhere just standing around."

Sean scanned the scenery, looking for a fairly clear path, walking down it.

"I hope there's some civilization around here. I can't really tell from just looking around. As well I have no idea of the wildlife around here. For all I know there might be carnivorous animals around here. And with no weapon I'm in trouble."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 am

Victoria's eyes fluttered open as she turned around to face the man that had said her name. Vague curiosity tugged at her mind as she took in his features; his jet black, but graying hair, the trench coat he had on, as well as his jeans and shirt. He appeared to be in his late 40s; it intrigued her to see someone as... young as him to be graying. She just seemed to registered that it was strange for him to know her name, seeing as how she had never seen him before, and asked quietly, "How do you know my name?"

---

Mot averted his gaze to Tabbitha momentarily before he shrugged. "Sacra's gone, once again. I've heard rumors going around that there's been more Gyrentos about in the forest, and I don't want one of them to find her. She won't ever listen to me though." His lips pursed as he looked back to the tree line. 'She would listen to her brother though.'

---

The young Wyreian watched as the horse came dashing to where she stood, a wide, happy grin on her face. She didn't hear the odd man call out to whoever would be within ear shot, her mind was entirely focused on the young colt. She suddenly ran out of her hiding spot, with no regard to the man, towards the horse-like creature. "Vyta!" She called out, a jubilant smile on her face. "I've missed you, where did you go, you silly little thing?"

---

Mentiyri looked back when the Gyrento snarled, and snarled back at him before realizing who he was. He frowned slightly and looked back at the kill, backing away from it. "There's still meat on there, go ahead if you want it." He offered, though he knew it wasn't often seen by their kind-he wouldn't consider himself to be one, not like those he had seen.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:05 am

"What is your story? Are you remaining on the same page, or are you turning them? Are you planning on closing the book and burning it?" The man asked steadily, watching her closely.

---

Tabbitha placed her hand on the hilt of her blade out of habit. "Let's go find her, then." She said simply.

---

Vyta snorted appreciatively and turned to let Jared see her and vice versa. Jared blinked at her apparel and formalities with the creature. He said nothing, shocked.

---

Gerald frowned. "Killing out of spite today?" He asked him. "You're not one to do that." He pointed out but went forward, tearing some sparse meat from the Dorrein anyway.

---

Vespera sat down next to a tree, looking around in immense amazeement. She couldn't keep walking and not appreciate the beauty of the new world around her. She absorbed it, looking at everything that moved intently.

[Feeling... lazy... lost... creativity...]
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:09 am

The Priest went over to the altar. He looked throughout the church from there to see if anything was out of place. Nothing looked wrong, in fact it had never looked better, but a feeling was over him. Something seemed very off to him. It wasn't necessarily bad, just weird. usually when he felt this feeling, he would take a walk by the forest near his house. For all that he knew, it was free from Gyrento grasp and it was quite peaceful there to. He left the church. He didn't need to lock it though because he knew that no one would want to steal from him. He may get donations but they were little, most of them weren't for him either.

He soon exited the Church and entered the forest in which he meditated in. He sat down on a patch of grass, which has been worn from him sitting there before, and started to pray and concentrate.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 am

(lol, getting there too)

Victoria stared at him questioningly, as if he had said something improbable. She shook her head slowly, feeling it to be the right action at the moment. It irked her that he avoided her question with more of his own, but she didn't bring it up again.

---

"She could be anywhere though, you know how vast the woods are." He said, looking back to her now. "She might be back before we got there."

---

She looked at Jared, tilting her head in curiosity. She had forgotten to just view him; oh well, not that it mattered now. She looked from him to Vyta. She patted him on the snout before going to Jared and tugging at his clothes. "Who are you?" She asked, looking up at him.

---

"No, I've just had my fill." Mentiyri mumbled, going to lay under a tree to watch him. He smelled the clotted blood and looked towards his leg. "What hurt you, Gerald?"
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 am

The man's gaze intensified and he took a large step toward Victoria. "Will your story continue? Answer me."

---

Tabbitha shrugged. "We find her, fine. We come back and she's back, fine. People know you've been looking for her. They won't let her leave once she's back."

---

Jared stepped away from her quickly. Who was she? Did she have any sense of etiquette? "Jared Toll." He said, frowning.

Vyta followed Sacra, and neighed softly

---

Gerald snarled against his will. "A pretty brunette Wyreian. She was going to be my meal." He sniffed disdainfully, still tearing meat from the Dorrein.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:13 am

Victoria grimaced and tried to take a step back instinctively, but was met with the apartment door. She looked back at him and nodded once more, watching him more carefully now.

---

"You've seen how crafty she can get sometimes. She'd be back out there before anyone knew." He mumbled and let out a soft sigh. "Alright, let me get my bow and we can go."

---

Sacra frowned at the sight of his and made a face. "That's a silly name." She blurted out before she stopped herself. Sacra turned back to Vyta and grinned.

---

Mentiyri stiffened slightly and forced himself to relax again. There'd be no point in revealing that now. He said nothing, laying down under the tree and watching Gerald silently. It could not even be her, but if it was... He pushed the thought away quickly, focusing on the sounds of the forest more.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:23 am

"Tell me, what are you planning to do with your story, Victoria Darilan?" The man asked, and motioned around the room as it became a color spectrum.

---

"I'm not so sure." Tabbitha said, watching him walk away.

---

Jared stared at her. How rude was this little girl? "What is your name, then?" He asked, unable to bite back the scorn. Part of him was annoyed that he was letting this girl irk him so badly, part was just irritated with this whole place in general. He watched Vyta nudge Sacra with her snout and neighed at Jared. Jared said nothing.

---

"Something wrong?" Gerald asked, noticing Mentiyri's sudden stiffening. He finished the Dorrein and kicked the carcass away carelessly.
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Tinork was done praying but he still stayed in the forest. He would usually walk through it for a few hours on a non service day. Nature is too perfect for him. The colors, the shade from the trees, the animals, and everything he saw was nothing short of it. But he felt something was different still. This feeling was usually gone after meditation, but something still was off. He debated over going to meditate again but he decided not to. This feeling still puzzled him. He looked but now he had too much on his mind to think about nature. He sat down where he was and thought on what this feeling was.
Back to top Go down
Night Angel
New Kid
New Kid

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 am

Sean sighed as he finally came across a clearing in the forest. "Thank goodness I cannot walk any farther." He sat down underneath a tree, looking up into the branches, "Huh, what are these fruits? They're not apples or oranges. Hm..." He continued to stare at the fruits for a while before sighing and looking back forward, looking back at his hand.

Sean sighed as he kept walking down the path

"So, what exactly am I gonna do here? I really don't know."

Sean got back up to his feet, looking around, "If there's any villages nearby it should be emitting some kind of light by now, whether it is fire or electrical or whatever."

As Sean kept scanning he saw some kind of unnatural light coming from an area with some huts. "Alright, some civilization. It's still a quarter days off from reaching it, but maybe I can at least cover some more ground tonight before taking a rest."

Sean looked at his hands, "There's only so much I can do with my punches and kicks, but I'm not sure I wanna get that close to beasts if they are around." He looked down and noticed a branch.

"I wonder if I..."

Sean picked up the branch and broke off the smaller branches, leaving only the main part. He smirked and flipped it into reverse, walking down towards the village.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:53 am

(School's finally out for me. I am ecstatically happy. <3)

Victoria's eyes darted around the room as she took in the colors, soaking in the violets and and tints of blues. Her eyes lay on him once more, shifting on the heels of her feet nervously. She looked around once more, trying to put her recent life into perspective. Her mind raced through the fights that she had had with her parents, the... unfortunate discovery of her now ex-boyfriend, and the downturn her education had taken. She sighed unevenly, and heard herself say, "I will turn the page," before she was even aware of it.

---

"What do you mean?" He asked, stopping before he was too far from her. He turned on his heel, watching her intently for her answer. His eyes did wander from her to the forest behind her, looking for any familiar rustle that Sacra would already be returning before they knew it.

---

Sacra laughed quietly and looked back at Jared, seemingly not noticing his new temper. "My name's Sacra," she answered with a smile. She patted Vyta's snout and grinned. "This is Vyta. I think she likes you."

---

"No, no, I'm just a little tired is all," Mentiyri answered.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:15 pm

The man smiled at Victoria and bowed his head to her. "This is your story, and this is where the true build begins. You will gain friends and foes. You will reveal skills and abilities you did not know you have. You will lose and win battles physically and emotionally. You are about to go through the adventure that will define your life."

He suddenly cleared his throat. "This is your last chance to back out. You will spend a long time here, just so you know. Days, months or years."

---

"I don't think the entire village would let her get away from them when they know how worried you get about her." Tabbitha answered, twisting the handle of her blade in her fingers absentmindedly.

---

"What is that thing?" Jared suddenly asked, baffled.

Vyta snorted, as if understanding him, and scraped his hoof on the ground.

---

"Then go rest." Gerald said, stretching and glancing around. He looked at his side and frowned. "Oh, damn. It's bleeding again." He grumbled.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 6:25 pm

"What about my family? And my school?" She asked quickly, catching herself. 'It's not as though they would care,' she added to herself.

---

Mot nodded in agreement to her answer. "I suppose you're right," he muttered before leaving yet again. He had returned to his hut and found his bow next to the chair he had been sitting in previously. He took it and carefully slung it over his shoulder before stepping out once more, traveling back to Tabbitha.

---

Sacra looked back at Vyta and at Jared. "It's a Dorrein." She paused and studied him, tilting her head. "You aren't from around here, are you?"

---

Mentiyri looked at him strangely and stood up, looking back at the forest. "I may just go walk around, it usually wakes me up anyway."
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:10 pm

---

"Ready to go?" Tabbitha asked.

---

"Oh, gee, when did you notice?" Jared asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

---

"See you then." Gerald mumbled, rolling his eyes. "I'm getting something meatier to eat."
Back to top Go down
Odd One Out
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Odd One Out

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:00 am

Although uneasy, Tinork sat back down to meditiate, not in the standard position in which we was the first time, he is in a more Defensive position and is readily watching, he did not meditate for a second.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
MAD GIRL
MAD GIRL

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:39 am

Victoria watched him again, shifting even more now. She seemed to decide something and said quite clearly, "I will turn the page. I won't close the book until I have to."

---

Mot only gave her a nod as an answer, moving past her to the forest.

---

Sacra grinned took his wrist, pulling him towards where she came from. "Come on then! I'll let you met the other villagers too, they're really nice."

---

Mentiyri nodded slightly and walked off, traveling through the trees and underbrush as only his feet led him. 'I wonder how any of them are. If Sacra is still safe, or exploring as usual.'
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Holopainen
Necromechanical
Necromechanical
Mrs. Holopainen

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:44 am

"Then go. Learn anew and find the answers to all you seek. Your current traumatic situation will be spread into several that you can handle at one time. This is an adventure as much as it is a meaning-of-life sort of thing. This is your story. Make it what you will." The man said, motioning to the wall.

---

Tabbitha followed him quickly.

---

"I'm not so sure about that." Jared mumbled.

---

Gerald stalked away, smelling the air heartily. Catching the scent of a Wyreian and Dorrein together, he began to follow it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waves of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waves of Life   Waves of Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Waves of Life
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next